Chapter 8

What do you beautiful people think so far? Comment, vote, and like.

I go straight to the bathroom to make sure no one is able to tell I am about to cry my eyes out like a baby. In the bathroom, I let it all out. How could he do that? Why would he do that? She is going to hurt them all over again. I wash my face and fix myself in the mirror before heading back out to the party.

"Happy birthday" I say to Keilan as I walk up and give him a hug. He kisses my fore head.

"Are you going to be alright?" He always could see through my smiles. I nod and he lets me go.

" Thank you for helping Hailie put this together. You mean the world to us. If you ever need anything, even if it's just to talk. I'm not as good as Hailie with all the  feelings but I can give it my best shot." I nod my head. " I got your back, girl." He makes his voice high and does a z-snap. I can't help but to laugh. He pulls me in and gives me another hug. He always knows how to cheer me up. It is his special gift.

"I would say there was a bottle of Jack under my mattress that we could go share but Hailie found that a few weeks ago and finished it off." He shrugs his shoulders and smiles. "I am sorry about Kaiden and Ashley. If it means anything, he said he was only doing it for Emma. He does care about you but sometimes you have to let people find their own path to happiness before you can be with them. I see the way you two look at each other and I told him how big of a mistake he is making but he thinks she has changed."

" Thank you, I am glad you were there two years ago to help me and Hailie and I am glad we have you, now. You mean a lot to both of us. Who else would be able to put up with me and Hailie." I shrug my shoulders and make a funny face. " You two are my role models when it comes to love. I want what you have and I will not take anything less. Don't worry about me, I'll be fine. I am a lot tougher then everybody thinks." I try to reassure myself as much as him.

" I think you are a lot tougher than even you realize. Most people would have gone insane at all the heartache you have endured. I love you and I want you to be happy. Don't let this ruin your happiness, please." I nod and he smiles at me planting a kiss in my hair.

I try to enjoy myself for the remainder of the party but I can't help but watch how Ashley reacts to Emma. Something about her seems familiar but completely off at the same time. I'm not sure if that is even possible. I don't trust her one bit especially when it comes to Emma. She may have had her but she is not a mom in my book, not until she proves she actually cares about her. I see Emma getting a little fussy and look around for Keilan but I don't see him anywhere.

Ashley looks like she is getting frustrated with her. I walk over and introduce myself to her. I need to be the bigger person. " Hi, I am Brailyn." I hold my hand out for her to shake and she looks at it and leaves me hanging. I pull my hand back, quite irritated but I try to stay calm. "I am friends with Keilan, Hailie and Kaiden. Your Emmas mom right?"

"I am Emmas mom and don't care who you are but Kaiden doesn't need anymore hoes hanging around now that I am back so, you can leave now." Damn, I wanted to break her nose right there but bit my tongue and smiled. Emma gets more restless so hold my hands out for Emma to come to me. Before Ashley realizes what I am doing, Emma is already in my arms. She seems shocked when she immediately calms down.

"It must be hard having a daughter that doesn't want anything to do with you. I guess she would rather have a hoe comforting her than her own blood. So sad." I use her words against her but I do it with a smirk on my face. She looks like she wants to kill me.

"I see you two have met." I hear Kaidens voice behind me. He puts his hand on my hip and leans over my shoulder to kiss Emma. I would have said something about still being pissed but Ashley was throwing daggers with her eyes and I just smile at her. That is what you get bitch.