Chapter 2

(edited 3/24/2014)

JUSTINS POV

I looked at Cara hoping she would just compromise with me. I know I just broke up with Sel but something about Cara caught my eye.

"I've got to go," she stated starting to grab her stuff and walk out the door and I grabbed her arm.

"At least give me your number so we can stay in touch," I demanded.

"Fine give me your phone," she held out her hand so she could put here number in it.

"Here," she stated and walked out. Damn she is confidant.

I decided I wanted to go home and it was around 3 a.m. I texted Cara.

"Hey you up for dinner tomorrow?"

She then instantly replied, "I told you I wasn't a rebound."

"Who said it was a date?"

"Please you want me."

I chuckled and responded,"Getting a little cocky there Cara?"

"No I'm simply telling the truth, and stating the facts, but sure as long as its not a date."

At that my smile widened.

"Cool what's you address? I will pick you up at like 8 p.m tomorrow."

"How about you pick me up at the park?"

"Which one?"

"The Northside Park on Charelston St."

"Ok, I will see u tomorrow."

"No pick me up now!"

"Ok.. Bossy there? I will see u in 5."

"Ok please try to hurry! Thanks!"

"What's wrong?"

"I will tell u when u get here."

"Ok."

I knew something was up so I rushed over there. I mean, who knows? She could be getting killed by a killer right now. I don't know! I pulled up and she is listening to her headphones, on the swing. I go up and tap her on the shoulder, so she knows I'm here she turns around and punches me in my face, once she realizes it was me you could see regret all over her face.

''I am so sorry, Justin. Do you have napkins in your car?'' she was asked because of my bloody nose.

''Yeah but, WHAT THE HELL CARA!!!!'' I yelled.

''I said I was sorry I just thought-'' she started and I cut her off.

''Thought what?'' I asked her she was holding something back and I don't like secrets, not at all.

''Never mind. We have to get something on that," she said gesturing to my bloody nose.

Well yeah sure we have to get ice on it but first....

''No, not until you tell me why you punched me. I don't like secrets Cara,'' I told her honestly. I really don't like secrets.

''I just thought you were my ex ok," she said sighing of exasperation.

Like it was really hard to admit it, but then I got curious.

''Why would you punch your ex in the face?'' I said stunned.

''Well see, that's the funny thing. It's kind of the same reason I needed you to pick me up.''

''Cara.....'' I warned.