Chapter 18

CARA'S POV

Recap:

I walked to the door and opened it to see two men in police uniforms holding up badges.

I looked at them and said, "Excise me Officers, can I help you with something," I asked rubbing my head from the soreness. I really did need an aspirin.

"Hello Miss Bradley," the taller officer said, we need you to come with us."

***

"Why?" I said with confusion, concern, and humor on my face all at the same time.

"We have some questions about your mothers -" he paused, "Amanda Bradley's death," he finished.

"What about it, she died of a drug overdose?" I scratched my head confused and now pissed because my head was pulsing.

“We're not quite sure about that we have an anonymous tip that it could have been a murder. That also concerns you, as a suspect."

I felt Justin tense beside me, "How the fu-" I cut him off by hitting him. He then took a deep breath and said, "How is it that even though Amanda Bradley, who was a drug addict, and the doctor even said she died of an overdose- Yet for some damn reason you choose to forget all of that over an anonymous tip and now you’re taking my poor girlfriend in for questioning?"

"Just because your Justin Bieber doesn't mean you get special treatment, not everyone bows down to you,” one of the officers paused and the other one continued chuckling, “Pee Boy.”

My fist clenched ready to pop one of these fuckers in the face, and then Justin surprised me by chuckling. I gave him a look that basally screamed along the lines of: What the fuck?

“Oh the memories, but boys, the bucket bowed down,” he said smirking and then a side wink. I giggled and covered my mouth fast. I don't want to give them another reason to hate me- first reason being I was Justin’s girlfriend, and the police and Justin were well acquainted (not in a good way) - I have to get in a car with them.

Before I knew it felt a hard tugging grip on my wrist, “Come on let's go,” the officer said harshly while pulling me.

I froze. The memories flashed back to my head as if it had happened yesterday.

I’m lying down, with my eyes semi- closed, but not fully, because I knew that in minutes, IT was coming. IT always comes at night when I'm supposed to be sleeping. I hear footsteps coming down the hall, “Not tonight. Not tonight. I just want to sleep tonight. Just one night, please, just one night,” I whisper as quietly as possible. I hear the footsteps stop and I think, Maybe IT went to Mom’s room. Maybe I'll get a break, and then I hear the door creak open and I know I won't. IT walks closer to my bed. I'm praying maybe IT will leave me alone and let me sleep. Until IT grabs my wrist harshly and turns me around, “Dumb little fucking bitch turn around,” IT whispers but yells at the same time.