Chapter 10 [TBBAM]

||Chapter 10

Do you know that feeling when you see someone you really love with that forlorn look on his face? Well, that was a feeling I was experiencing right now. Chase had a torn look on his face as he looked at me. I could not shake off the feeling that now really wasn't the time to let his answer my question.

You should let him tell you when he wants too, my inner voice.

I sighed falling onto the couch beside Chase. It used to be so easy-everything. When Chase and I were younger, we used to be that adorable pair of siblings that would chase each other for hours in the park screaming and giggling. Now, everything seems so much harder and it got worse after Chase returned from College. He seemed like a different person, ill-tempered, secretive and cold. Sometimes, it takes me a few minutes to process in my head that that brown haired guy next to me was my brother. I was close to Chase since I was a young girl and would never leave each other's side. I could tell when he needed space but I really wanted answers for everything that had been happening lately. The look on Chase's face made me think back to the day when my first crush- whose-name-shall-remain-unidentified-because-he-is-a-dick had broken my heart into a million pieces when he humiliated me in front of the entire school. I ran home crying and Chase had comforted me with no questions. I looked next to me and saw Chase looking at me. I smiled and held up my palm before he could utter a single syllable.

"Just let me know the truth when you want me to know."

I got off the couch and walked into my room with a huge burden lifted off my chest.

♪♪♪

I slurped up my strawberry milkshake which was freezing my hands off as I walked into forever 21 with Ry. I giggled as I heard Riley gushing over the clothes in the shop.

"Oh-Em-Gee! They look so foxy!"

Trust Riley to describe clothes as foxes.

I rolled my eyes as I picked out a cute pair of sunglasses from the rack. I shot Riley a "foxy" look as I modeled the pair of sunglasses. Riley stuck out her tongue as she playfully chucked me a pair of shorts she was looking at.

"What do you think of Landon and me?"

I looked up from the pile of clothes that I had chosen to try on and scrunched up my face. "He isn't worth a drop of your love anyway."

"But, should I still hang on?"

I turned around and place my hands on her shoulder and said, "Honey, sometimes some love is worth fighting for but some aren't. Just let you heart go, and find its place."

Riley laughed, "You sound like a quote from a Taylor Swift song."

"Well, I am the next T-swift."

Riley shook her head and rolled her eyes.

"Well...you seem a little cute with Caleb..."

"Him? He is a player for goodness sake!"

I waggled my eyebrows, "You can tame him."

She blushed.

I walked out with Ry to Starbucks for a cheesecake because I was starving. Well, staving was an understatement. I dragged her to counter and ordered a slice with a latte. I sat down with Riley near the glass window. I chewed my cheesecake in my mouth as I caught Riley staring at me in amusement.

"What?"

"Nothing, "She said as she averted her eyes from me.

I nodded as I looked across the room and met the eyes of William. He smiled at me as he made his way over. Riley nodded at me with a smirk, "It seems you're quite popular with those bad boys." She winked as she ate a piece of the cake.