Chapter 12 [TBBAM]

|| Chapter 12

One word. Coffee.

The tantalizing aroma of coffee wafted into my nostrils once I entered my favorite coffee house-Angel Café. I pushed the door open gently as the soft chimes of the bell hung on the glass door jingled to welcome me. The blast of heat hit me like a splash of warm water onto my face. It was still snowing in the late January. The snowflakes fell down gently, pelting the roof with snow causing it to be covered with in an alabaster blanket. I shuffled up to the counter with my wallet and queued for a hot drink. I licked my chapped lips as I stood in line.

"Welcome to Angel Café. What would you like today?"

I lifted my head from studying the menu to meet the chestnut colored eyes of Carter. His soft dark locks falling to cover his face as he picked up a permanent marker. He looked like a beautiful statue; dark hair disheveled, an ivory colored apron tied onto his waist. He looked adorable as his eyebrows were knitted closely as he attempted to write on the plastic cup.

I shot him a smile, "I didn't know you work here."

"I started last week. " He said as he gave me a smile, his lips curling softly at the end.

I nodded as I squinted at the menu once more as I decided on my drink. After a minute long of deliberating, I finally ordered a hot drink. Carter worked surprisingly fast for a new worker as he stirred the mixture with a spoon speedily.

---

Hot.

The drink was so darn hot. Carter had passed me the drink with a smile on his face as he took the money from my hand. I placed both hands to grab the drink as he passed it to me.

"Careful. It's ho-"

"Shit!" I gasped as the hot scalding coffee splashed onto my purple blouse, scalding me. Carter's eyes widened in horror as I winced at the raw pain that tremor through my body. He pulled off his apron quickly as he hurried to pass me a damp cold towel.

"Hey. Cover for me. "He said to the girl next to him. She nodded at his before stepping to take his place. I felt him grab my arm as he pulled me to the storeroom. I winced as I felt the dampness of my shirt touching my scalded skin.

"I'm so sorry. Gosh, I'm so clumsy." I said as I rubbed my T-shirt frowning. Why do I always have to be at my worst in front of him? He dug through the cabinet in the room and threw me a spare shirt. I caught it easily as studied it.

"It's so big." I said.

He shrugged, his muscled flexed as he rolled them back, "It's my only one."

His brown eyes seemed so much browner up close as he stood inches away from me. The small room was suffocating me, the tightness in my chest made me feel the butterflies in my stomach. My heart stopped. It just stopped beating. I had that feeling. You know, like the world is moving all around you, all beneath you, all inside you, and you're floating. Floating in midair. And the only thing keeping you from drifting away is the other person's eyes. They're connected to yours by some invisible physical force, and they hold you fast while the rest of the world swirls and twirls and falls completely away. I was held like a magnet to another, a moth to a light bulb, it was magnetizing.

"Hey! You done yet? I need to go off now." The loud voice interrupted our moment.

I cursed mentally.

"Gimme a second Sara!" He answered.

"I have to get back to work. Just change and remember to lock the door after you're done."

I nodded as I watched his back as he walked through the door, closing it. I took off my wet T-shirt and pulled Carter's shirt over my head. I placed the shirt near my nose as I breathed in his scent. It smelled boyish, a little of washing powder and aftershave. I sighed as I placed pulled it over my shoulder.

Carter. What he did to my heart was sheer, inexplicable, and magic. He had a vibe of a bad boy but he came across as sweet and caring. My heart felt like gooey, lukewarm honey as I reminisced how he had rushed me to the storeroom quickly.

Yeah Right.

Carter would never like a good girl like you. He would choose the badass, babelicious and slutty Cadence any day over you.

The  words in my favorite novel-Flipped by Wendelin Van Draanen echoed in my mind as I stepped out of the storeroom, locking it behind me: But every once in a while, you find someone who's iridescent, and when you do, nothing will ever compare.

A/N:

Sorry for the long wait! I was really busy with school :< this is just a filter chapter to apologize for the long wait! A bit of a Caloe moment for you there! ((: Will try to update