Chapter 13[TBBAM]

Check out my dear friend @ironicsituations and her story Gossip Girl!

|| Chapter 13

Friday.

It's a Friday.Gawd. I sound like Rebecca Black. Eww.

It was a Friday and also the day that Carter invited me to see his basketball match. I was pretty nervous thinking about what I should wear to his party afterwards. I glanced at my closet and picked out a pink crop top and floral shorts (outfit at the side----->>) to stand out from the crowd so he could see my enthusiasm in cheering for him.

Cheesy. I know.

My cellphone rang nosily, interrupting my reverie. Riley's face flashed on the screen repeatedly. I muffled my laughter as I saw her picture. It was taken a few weeks ago when we were at Taco Bells eating and she had out of the blue decided to suck her cheeks in to impersonate a goldfish. At that exact moment, I was about to take a picture of the meal that was just served so I quickly took a photo of her goofy face and saved it as her contact photo.

And the best thing was that she didn't even know.

"Sup Byotch." I sang into the phone as I skipped to the toilet to apply a layer of varnish on top of my layer of nail polish.

"Hon. I need to cancel tonight's girl night with you"

Oh my Gawd. How could I have forgotten our girl's night? Thank goodness Riley had something on too or else she would How ignored me for weeks for forgetting to tell her.

"Okay. Sure. Where are you going?"

"Oh...err...I'm going to my Aunt's house for dinner."

Aunt?  I thought the only Aunt she had lived in Alaska? That was real far away from here. I shrugged and told her it was alright before I hanged up.

That was weird.

---

The loud cheering of the crowds were deafening as I made my way into the first row of bleachers to stand. I spotted Carter in his jersey looking heart-achingly handsome as he faked left before snatching the basketball from his opponent's hands. I chewed on my bottom lip as I prayed hard that he would get the ball into the hoop without any trouble. I watched his back muscles tense as an opponent neared him, trying to block his ball. I chewed my lower lip till it almost drew blood as I watch him dodged the opponent as easily as I could eat chocolate fudge in a second when I was hungry. The crowd broke into a loud whoop when they saw him jump up and slam dunk the ball. I screamed excitedly as he got the ball in and I jumped around like I had a squirrel stuck up my pants.

Well. It paid off.

Carter turned and shot me a wink making my knees weaken and I sat down as my throat was raw from all the yelling, I took a big gulp of water and scanned the crowd to spot someone I knew. At the other end of the crowd, I spotted a girl with brunette hair jumping into someone's arms. She looked painfully familiar as I squinted to get a better view of her.

 I gasped.

What the hay was Riley doing in Caleb's arms? Okay. Pipe the fudge down Bells. She might be just friends with him.

Who acts like that with friends?

 My inner sub consciousness voiced as I saw her plant a big smooch on his lips. Someone had a lot of explaining to do.

---

The pounding of the top ten billboard hits blasted into my ears as I walked into Carter's house. It was magnificent. His house had a fountain and he had a chandelier hanging above my head as I took in the breathtaking sight. It was beyond my means of explaining how spectacular the house looked like. There were tall Roman Statues and a fountain at the at the gateway of the house. Everything looked opulent from the gleaming wood floors covered in loving throw rugs to the sheer curtains billowing like mist on the wall of floor to ceiling windows that faced a slope and then a sunset. The furnishing were modern but had a story to tell, so they had to be antiques with what looked like hand carved workmanship each area of the room melting into the beauty of the next with some delicate settees next to more heavy bookcases and fireplaces that mated with the walls that appeared to be actually used. I gaped in amazement as I stepped into the living room.