Chapter 2 [TBBAM]

||Chapter 2

---

OMG.

DID HE JUST SMILE?

My face was practically on fire as I duck my head to hde my flaming red face.Sitting next to me was William and all the rest of the guys. I tried as hard as I could to disappear into my chair.

"What the hell are you doing?" Carter snorted. Talk about AWKWARD.

'I..I..nothing" I mumbled softly.

"Give her a break dude. You are scaring her ya know." Caleb answered.

I give him a thankful look as I ducked my head down once again to complete the detention form.

"Hey why are you here anyway? Isn't a goody-two shoes like you supposed to be in class studying?" Fransisco questioned me with curiosity in his eyes. "Well...

"Young lady! You stand right there!"The headmistress of Preston High stern's voice reverberated throughout the room.

I froze in place and turned around to face her. Her eyes widened in evident surprise as she took in my face.

" Bella Everett? I did not expect this type of behaviour from you!" I gave her a questioning look as I shook my head in confusion.

Mrs Ross grimace as she pointed to my outfit. I looked down to realized my skirt was inches shorter than before and my uniform was shrinked to a atrociously small size and I looked those blonde bimbos that were strutting in school with tight clothings and short skirts. My mom must have washed my clothes in hot water again.

Sigh.

I looked at Mrs Ross apologetically and asked if I could go to the office to change into a larger set of uniform.

She nodded grimly and allowed me to go."Bella please go to detention after changing. Take that as a lesson to your inappopariate dressing!"

"...I was late for class" I lied.

I didn't want them to make fun of me for my lame uniform punishment. I lifted my eyes when I heard them guffawing.

Fransisco and Caleb were wiping tears from their eyes," Late? Seriously? You were sent to detention for being late?"

Caleb said as he wiped tears from his eyes. " That's real cute. Real cute."

My face reddened when I found Carter studying me curiously. His green eyes bored into my face and I quickly lifted my hand to my hair self-consiously to pat it down. Carter look at me amusedly and gave me a lazy smile.

"What's your name?" Carter drawled.

"B...Bella" I stammered.

He doesn't know my name? Like it's any surprise- he is so darn popular! How would he remember some girl he meet grocery shopping?

With a short boyish nod in my direction. Carter and the others,burst into a fit of chuckles. Why are they laughing? My cheeks burst into flames as I ducked my head and tried to concentrate on completing my work quickly.

Carter's POV

"You wanna make a bet?" Caleb sniggered as he rose an eyebrow at Bella.

"Hell yes!" the guys answered while fist-pumping each other.

I shook my head at them. She is just too innocent for our games.

"I don't feel like betting on her." Caleb, Will and Fransisco nudged each other and wriggled their eyebrows suggestively.

I rolled my eyes and scowled at them," You know what? Fine. I'll do it. "

How bad can it be? Right?

Fransisco patted me on my back and chucked," That's my boy."

"Okay. So this is how it goes. The one who gets to break her heart first will be the winner of this bet. "

I sucked in a breath when I heard what he said. Again? The last time we made that bet, the poor heartbroken girl almost committed suicide. But this Bella girl looked kinda tough so I guess there's no harm trying...

I let out a breath as Fransisco, William and Caleb smirked in her direction and gave each other a knowing grin.

Bella's POV

I couldn't help but eyed the guys carefully as I walked out of detention. They all had satisfied grins plastered onto their faces. I furrowed my eyebrows as Fransisco came to my side.

"Need help?"

"Um....no thanks," I answered cautiously.

"No really. I can help you carry your stuff to class," Fransisico offered genuinely.

When they even care about my existence? I shook my head and gave him a weak smile as I shuffled down the hall.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Bells! C'mere!" My best friend Riley screamed across the canteen.

I winced as her piercing voice hit my ear drums. I nodded at her as I made my way with my hands full with my tray of lunch.

"Tell me everything!" Riley squealed into my ear excitedly.

I rolled my eyes as I bit down into sandwich. "What are you talking about?" I deadpanned.

"You went to detention with those hotties right?"

"Yeah. "

"Spill everything. Now!"

"Geez. Okay. Okay. Carter asked for my name!" I winked at Riley excitedly.

"OMG. You lucky bitch!" Riley screamed while smacking me on my arm. "Language!" I retorted as I rubbed my arm painfully. Riley gave me an apologetic look as she knew I hated my friends to use expletives.

"Tell me every single detail!"

---------------------------------------

When I got home, I sank into bed as the day's events had overwhelmed me. Carter's face drifted into my mind. His luscious pink lips, his tanned skin, dark soulful green eyes flashed into my mind.

Damn it girl! stop thinking about him!

Ringgg! The shrill ringing of my hand phone jolted me awake from my daydream. I squinted my eyes to look at the caller ID: Unknown

I picked up my cellphone praying that it would not be those pesky annoying advertisement callers that called late at night to annoy the crap out of you.

"Hello?"

"Hey. Bella right?" a familiar husky voice replied.

"Yes? Who's this?"

"Fransisco."

---------------------------------------