When you comfort him

A/n: I'm really sorry about the last chapter. I have just re-watched the two towers, and realised that it does not fit with the plot of the movie. What should have happened, is that after thinking you were dead, Aragon, Gimli and Legolas went to Rohan and then met up with you on the way to Helm's deep. And then Aragon should have been "killed" and you should have continued to helm's deep, where the last bit would have taken place. So, again. I'm really sorry about that.

This chapter fits with the plot of the movie, but not that of the last chapter.

"Where's Aragon?" you ask, looking around.

You had just finished fighting the isenguard wolves. They had attacked, whilst you were going to Helm's Deep with all of Ronan.

You looked around for Legolas. He might be with Aragon. You had found Aragon's necklace in the mud. He would be very upset if he lost it.

Legolas was staring off a cliff.

"He's gone," he whispered, "I can't believe, Aragon, mellon, how could you... How could you die..."

You gasp in shock.

Aragon was dead?

Arwen would be heart broken.

You gently place an arm around Legolas.

"We have to go, " you whisper.

He slowly nods.

Gimli looks at Legolas, then at you worriedly, but did not say anything.

Legolas shakes himself slightly, and goes up to a horse, jumping onto it's back.

You do the same, (after helping Gimli onto his) and you all start to head onwards to Helm's Deep.

You did not like the sound of Helm's Deep. A castle in a mountain? Where would you run if you could not win the war?

You would have liked to chat on the way back, to take your mind off things, but Legolas did not want to talk, and Gimli was to preoccupied trying to stay on his horse.

Anyway, Legolas had just lost one of his best friends. Of course he did not want to talk.

It was true that you cared for Aragon, and his passing grieved you, but it was but one more pain amongst many others.

You would miss him, but you were not close enough to him for his death to completely break your heart.

Not like when you thought that Gandalf had died.