Chapter 2

About thirty minutes later the team arrives at the NCIS headquarters.

"McGee I need you to pull out the bank records to help try and find a motive. Dinozzo and Tyler I want you to go to the base and find out who was closest to Jones and see if they can help us find out who would want him dead and why." Gibbs barks out the commands on her way to the elevator.

*beep, beep*

"What do you have Dexter?" Gibbs ask as she enters the forensic scientist Dexter Suitos lab.

"Well I might not be able to tell you who made the bomb but I can tell you what year it was made in. I also could tell you who's DNA was found on the bomb." Dexter tells Kelly very excitedly because he is hyped up on sugar and really wants his caf-pow that he knows Gibbs got him.

"Are you going to tell me what year and who's DNA was found on the bomb or am I going to have to ask?" Gibbs ask already knowing the answer to that.

"You aren't going to like this but... the bomb was made about 40 years ago and the DNA found on it was lieutenant Jones own blood." Dexter states proud of what he found out in the last couple of minutes.

"Nice job and make sure Cassadie did not bring you anything else while I am down here. Ok?" Kelly ask halfway out the door after handing Dexter his blue raspberry caf-pow.

"Yes ma'ma its already done, and I have not gotten anything yet from Palmer or Cassadie." Dexter screams back at Gibbs, who is on her was to see Palmer for the autopsy report.

~~~

"What do you have for me Palmer?" Gibbs asks in a rushed tone knowing that she is going to have to go to MTAC to ask some people a couple questions and need to get some information from Dinozzo and Tyler about the lieutenant.

"Well from what I have been able to do so far I am able to tell that the killing shot for the lieutenant was the blood force trauma to the head but under his fingernails I found traces of dirt from the crime scene." Palmer tells Gibbs with Cassadie nodding along filling out the ME report for the case.

"So our dead man dug up the bomb that's 40 years old? Now we really have a interesting case on our hands. Could you tell what he got hit by to help Dexter try and recreate the event?" Gibbs ask Palmer for something a little more to help get another puzzle for the case.

"I was just about to send Cassadie up with some of the dirt from under the fingernails to make sure that the crime scene is where it came from, and I was also about to send his articles of clothing and jewelry up along with it." Palmer says while looking over to Cassadie to tell her to start heading up.

"Thank you for the information. It is definitely more helpful than my team upstairs is at the moment." Kelly says as she walks out to head up and find out some more information on the lieutenant.

~~~

*knock, knock, knock*

"NCIS open up" Tali Dinozzo yells at the top of his lungs at the lieutenants house where his wife Juliet still is living.

*click* when the door gets unlock a little girl about the age of three opens the door.

"I really do not like to be mean but my mommy is not home right now she said that she would be back in a couple minutes." The little girl tells Dinozzo and Tyler

"What is your name sweetie?" Tali asks knowing that they only way they are going to be able to talk to the Juliet.

"My name is Katie" she's says hiding halfway behind the door.

"Are we allowed to stay with you till your mom gets home." Tali asks before Katie gives a little nod and they enter the house