Chapter 7

When Gibbs and Dinozzo get back up and into the squad room they are greeted by Agent Emily Fornell.

"I am really sorry to be a even bigger damper to your mood but will someone tell me what just happened here." Emily asks like this is a waste of her time to be here any longer.

"Agent Fornell we will inform you what happened here today when we truly know ourselves." Gibbs tells her and then starts to usher Tali away with her.

"Gibbs, what will we do we are one person down and where is the body did they just tamper with the crime scene?" Dinozzo asks once she regains that she is an agent first than lives a civilian life style second.

"I promise Dinozzo that all we need from the crime scene was gotten just like a normal case. I was only down about an hour after I sent you down there in the first place." Gibbs says with a soft voice so that only Dinozzo can hear what she is saying.

"GIBBS!!!! That dag on bomb was originally a threat from the cold war. It says so here in an email between homeland security and an unidentified man to this day that the bomb was just a threat and it will never go off. Also Gibbs, Dexter is waiting for you in his lab with some more information on this." McGee lets Gibbs know when she starts to head back down stairs to Dexter's lab.

~~~

"What do you have for me Dex?" Gibbs asks as she walks into the lab with a lot more urgency in her voice than before.

"Well I can tell you that what McGee told you is correct. That homeland security knew about the bomb threat near the Potomac river, but did nothing about it because they were told by an inside source that it was never planned to detonate, ever, Not even in a thousand million years, yes I do know that is a made up number Gibbs." Dexter says high on caffeine from the caf-pows and still a little sadness in her voice from what happened earlier today still affecting people.

"Thanks Dex. And I know that it's hard to loose someone just as you start to get used to them." Gibbs says after giving Dexter a kiss on the cheek and starts to head to MTAC.