Taking Charge

"AAHHHHHHHHHH!" Everyone screamed.

Evie fell backwards into the couch, Zach had fall back into the grotto pool, Lyla and Nixie heald out their moon rings, Mimmi started turning paler and paler by the second, Cam was in Carlys arms, Emma and Cleo screamed, Rikki lifted up her hand and Bella ducked behind a chest.

"Who let HIM in here!?" Evie screeched.

"Calm down!" Ondina yelled, but she couldn't be heard over the yelling and arguing in the grotto.

What shut everyone up was when Mimmi passed out, luckily on the couch.

Zach and pulled himself out of the pool and was now drying off while Carly had dropped Cam, but Nixie and Lyla heard their stance.

"SILENCE!" Weilan screamed over the crowd. They all stopped and looked to the three of them.

"He's here to help." Ondina explained.
"Just like he helped kidnapping me?" Cleo yelled.

"Yeah, and nearly killing me?" Zach cheered along with her.

"I know, I know, I've done a lot of stupid things." Erik sighed.

"Stupid? You used the same plain TWICE and it failed!" Evie called.

Erik groaned. It was going to be along night.

Erik then started to explain how he had given up, how he had lived his life in America for a while but then came back. He used a lot of hand jesters.
Finally the group agreed to keep him, and started to devise a plan.
Erik, who felt bad, also clearly embarrassed, let Zach take the lead in this one.

Every day the large group would meet at David's Cafe after it closed and would sit in a large circle, talking, running over the plan, over and over again until Ondina found herself reciting it, walking alone down the hot beach in the middle of the day.

"Then, Evie will-" Ondina was cut off when a little boy ran past her, a bucket in hand.

Ondina stepped out of the way, but the boy had moved too, causing them both to bump into each other, the bucket, now Ondina knew was filled with water and it dumped all over her shirt.

"Oops! I'm sorry, Miss." The little boy was laughing too. Ondina tried to run but.....Splash!

Ondina fell, her tail transforming, her face in the water. The boy dropped his bucket.

"Mommy! Mommy! A real mermaid!!" He yelled with joy racing up the Sandy hill.

"No, no, wait! Wait!" Ondina called after his, spitting out salt water.

Ondina could here his yelling for him mother until she came.

"What is it Charile?"

"There's a mermaid!"

Ondina wanted to scream out loud, she slammed her face into the water.

"Psst!" Said a voice from the water.

Ondina looked up. Eriks face was beaming towards her.

"Your in a bit of a pickle." He laughed.

"Oh shut up." Ondina snapped.

"Here, I'll get you outta there." Erik nodded, swimming up to her.

Her tail was stuck in the sand, like a beached whale.

Erik grasped her hands and pulled.
Her tail slowly slide out of its tomb and she paddled out to sea with Erik at her side.
When they were far enough from the beach, Ondina smiled.

"Thanks for that."

"For what?" Erik asked.

"Back on the beach, you could just let me be made into tuna, but you didn't." Ondina shrugged.

"Its no probelm. Come on, the guys will be looking for us." Erik grinned, driving under.

Ondina sighed at his cockiness and followed.