Lies

Mimmi and Evie stood at the edge of the beach, waiting for the signal.

"What do you thinks gonna happen?" Evie asked, turned to face Mimmi who was staring at the sea.

"I don't know." Mimmi answered truthfully.

Evie sighed as the paint colored blue sky was slowly turning purple.

Suddenly a shimmering blue tail flipped in the water.

"That's Zach." Mimmi pointed him out to Evie.

"Lets go." Evie said, running towards Lewis's boat.

Mimmi watched her pull out then dive in herself, her tail transforming and she swam out to the ocean.

The large white full moon was now at the edge of the ocean. Zach, Mimmi and Ondina, floated at the start of the island.

"The mermaids are all hidden in the caves." Ondina huffed, breathing out, short of breath from swimming fast.

"Good. Where's the others?" Mimmi asked, looking around.

"They should be coming." Zach shrugged.

"Sorry where late!" Nixie suddenly surfaced the calm water, popping up right next to Mimmi.

Lyla drifted up after her, on the other side of Mimmi.

"Have you seen Erik?" Ondina licked her lips.

"Nope." Lyla answered, shrugging.

Ondina was starting to get worried.

"Come on, we better get going. They'll know where we are." Zach nodded, diving under.

Mimmi and Nixie followed, Lyla glanced at Ondina then dove under after them. Ondina looked around, sighed then quickly followed.

The group swam through the coral and the glowing jellyfish.
Zach looked to the others, pointed upwards then swam up. The other girls followed him until they reached the waters surface. Mimmi looked up to the sky. The moon was rising quickly now.

"Where do you reckon the others are?" Mimmi groaned.

"Moon pool, maybe." Nixie rolled her eyes.

Rikki, Bella, Emma and Cleo were floating in the moon pool.

"Shouldn't we be going?" Cleo was nervously looking at the exit of the moon pool.

"We've got time." Rikki sighed, floating in the pool.

"No we don't, why do we keep dragging ourselves into their problems!" Emma sighed, her voice echoing around the cave.

"Were all mermaids! We need to help each other!" Bella exclaimed.

"Fine, fine, fine!" Emma crossed her arms.

"It doesn't matter, we gotta go." Cleo rolled her eyes, dove under, her tail flipping over the water.

Emma, Bella and Rikki dove back under, through the exit of the moon pool and disappeared.

Emma, Rikki, Bella and Cleo surfaced next to the group.

"Finally were all here." Mimmi smiled to the girls.

"Don't for get Erik." Ondina pointed out.

"And Weilan." Nixie winked.

Weilan paced the island.
"What do I do, what do I do?" She asked herself out loud.

"Weilan?" A voice asked from the tree line.

She spun around to face the moon lit tree line. Sitting in the gap of one of these trunks was Erik.

"What are you doing here?" Weilan asked, her voice becoming higher than usual.

"Passing time." Erik shrugged.

"What are you doing here?" Erik stepped out of the tree trunk, raising his eye brows.

"Nothing." Weilan muttered.

Erik crossed his arms, raised his eyebrows higher and breathed out.

"Nothing." Weilan muttered again.