Chapter 4

The way home was quite awkward. I was embarrassed; I shouldn’t have rushed into it so fast. I misread the signs.

I turned to the radio to break the silence but so did Evie so our hands touched. An electrical spark ran up my arm and I’m sure one went up hers too as she quickly pulled her hands away from under mine and kept her eyes down for the rest of the journey.

     When we got home Evie quickly undid her seatbelt and walked into the house. I felt sorry for her. I don’t know why, she should be feeling sorry for me but who can control their feelings?

Zayn p.o.v

As Louis walked in, I was about to tease him with what harry said to us about where Louis was but I stopped seeing the sadness in his eyes.

He looked like a lost puppy. He slowly made his way up the stairs and shut his bedroom door. I decided to give him a moment by himself instead of following him

   -ten minutes later-

I was in my room on my laptop when Louis walked in. He still looked a bit depressed so I put my laptop down and patted a space beside me for him to come and sit next to me.

    He sat down next to me and looked at me.

   “I’ve messed it up Zayn" he said

   “what happened mate?" I asked feeling sorry for him

He looked down as he was speaking

"I went in to kiss her but she stopped me. She was even embarrassed when our hands touched on the way home" I saw a tear drop from his eye onto the bed

I listened to him carefully and thought about what I should say.

"Lou, she said she wanted to go slowly not that she didn’t want to be with you"

He  looked up at me” so your saying she still wants to be with me?" He enquired quietly

I nodded and hugged him.

“Erin is lucky to have a man who gives such great advice and has a good sense of style” He added obviously referring to when I helped him get ready for last night. I must admit he look pretty cool after I had sorted him out!

 We went down to the living room where everyone else was watching TV.

Evie p.o.v

I was sat on the sofa by myself. I knew Louis was upset that I had turned him down; I could see it in his facial expressions on the way home.

  He smiled at me and sat next to me. I looked at Zayn and he nodded to me to smile back at Louis. I did and that’s the happiest I had seen him since before I turned his kiss down.

    Later on in the evening, Louis arm crept around my shoulders just like all the other boys had put around 'their' girl. I flinched. I didn’t want this to happen. I told him to take things slow because I didn’t want them to happen at all.

“Louis, I thought we agreed to take things slow" I said to him

" can I not put my arm around you anymore?"

“Louis you need to look up what ‘taking it slow’ means in the dictionary” I said, raising my voice

“Evie-“

“NO LOUIS! YOU ARENT UNDERSTANDING HOW I FEEL AT THE MINUTE!’

“EVIE DON’T SHOUT AT ME!”

“OH SO NOW YOU ARE TELLING ME WHAT TO DO?!”

“Okay guys break it up “Liam calmly said

“GO AWAY LIAM! THIS IS BETWEEN ME AND LOUIS! ACTUALLY NONE OF YOU GUYS UNDERSTAND HOW I FEEL AT THE MINUTE!” I screamed, I wanted to stop but I was in the middle of blurting all the feelings I had kept inside of me for days, they had to come out.