Chapter 38

MACEY'S POV

"I can't find anything. You?" 

My eyes scanning every fraction of space in the queen-like room, they found nothing but a gorgeous looking Hale. "No. Wait, what's that?" 

Hale turned and examined the wall I was looking at. Neither of us could tell if it was a threat or not, so we just kept looking around for blind spots. Unaware, Hale had moved closer to me. His hair looked golden in the low lighting of the room, blue eyes shining with curiosity. I couldn't help myself. 

Sauntering in front of where he was standing, I gazed up into his face and said, "I don't think it's in here, Hale." 

My voice must have gotten his attention, and he looked at me with such hunger I almost smirked.  

"We should go look somewhere else then, right?" he asked, his hands involuntarily finding my waist. Slim and careful, my fingers traced the outside of his suit and rested on his chest as I said, "Right." 

He leaned down further, and without any other care for the bloody mission, I reached behind his neck and lured him down to me. Hard and fast and desperately. I needed to feel alive. Pressing closer, Hale easily understood what I wanted and picked me up. With leverage, my legs wrapped around his waist as he set me down on the large plush bed. Our kisses grew, my hands raked over his neat hair and tugged at the tie at the base of his throat. His hands splayed over the mesh material of my dress, his lips traced along my neck and collarbone where I was sure there would be marks later. Everything kept speeding up till his shirt was unbuttoned and my hair was a mess. Then a very startling sound in my ear made me spring away from him. 

"Guys! Dempsey's on his way to the room. Can you guys hear me?" Kat whisper screamed through the comms. 

Hale pulled away from me as we both realized what was going on.  

"We don't have time to get out we'll just hide in the closet," He said calmly.  

"Do whatever, just don't get caught!" Kat yelled.  

••• 

DEMPSEY'S POV

I had talked to the Duchess for about 10 minutes while dancing and she said she wanted to go somewhere more private.  

Was I that good?  

"Oh and by the way," She said turning around, "You can call me Miranda." 

"That's a beautiful name," I smiled at her.  

She giggled silently as she made a right onto the hallway that led to her room.  

Simon had said something about this hallway that I couldn't remember or maybe it was the left? 

"Look Duch-- I mean Miranda, maybe...," But before I could finish my sentence I felt something hard on the back of my head and I completely blacked out.

note: thank you for 100 reads! if you want to see what everyone's outfit looks like i posted them on instagram!(: