Chapter 43

KAT'S POV

Waking up the next morning I realized my head was no longer on Dempsey's chest but on the cold wood of the bench.  

The sun shone bright and nearly blinded me as I struggled to get off the bench.  

As I walked into the kitchen everyone was already standing there and they were all looking at me.  

"Goodmorning." I looked at everyone's faces.  

Hale's eyes were bloodshot, his face was bruised, and his hair messy. Macey was wearing one of Hale's polo shirts but the hickey on her neck still peeked out from under the collar. 

I swear I could strangle that girl.  

Dempsey let out a small cough causing my attention to divert back to him.  

"We all came up with a plan to get the chip." 

"Okay." I said, nodding him on.  

"Well Bex said the necklace was in the basement of the castle. So we need to get into the castle." Dempsey continued.  

"But that's not exactly easy." Simon contributed.  

"That's why we came up with this plan." a very grumpy Zach added.  

"Well actually it was mostly me." Macey chirped.  

I rolled my eyes dramatically at her, showing her I didn't care.  

"We only need 2 people to get into the castle," Liz said. 

"Dempsey, of course since the Duchess will recognize him, and," She paused as her gaze settled on me,"You." 

"Me? Why me? I'm not good at up front things. I like to be undercover." I protested. 

"You just have to pretend to be Dempsey's little sister." Zach growled, his voice deep.  

"It'll be easy." Dempsey looked at me with reassuring eyes.  

"So how will we get the chip?" I asked.  

"We'll make small talk, as her to show us around, and eventually take us to the basement," Dempsey explained, "Then while she's showing us around down there you will 'get lost' get the necklace and we'll get out of there as soon as we can." 

"Sounds easy enough." I said weighing it in my mind.  

"It will be." Hale grumbled with his arms crossed over his chest. 

"Okay so when do we go?" I asked Dempsey, ignoring Hale's remark.  

"Tomorrow." He answered briskly.  

"Perfect." I smiled at him and walked over to the fridge.  

"So what's for breakfast?"

note: sorry it's so short, i wrote it in a rush so ignore any grammar or formatting mistakes. the next chapter will be long i promise. and there'll be an unexpected guest(; 

im really happy with the way this is wrapping up, only a handful of chapters left! 

also thank you for almost 800 reads! xx