Chapter 1: buddy, pal.

You were finally starting to get settled back into the house you had missed so much

Already a month had passed. But you still felt unsure. Cassie occasionally texted you and you text back.

Sans had started growing more distant. You didn't really think much about it until he wouldn't even come out if his room most of the day.

When youd talk to him he'd just mumble. And you hardly talked to him.

He was depressed, No doubt about it. You were getting fed up of it. You shouldn't be worried right? But even if not, you feel like you should talk to him.
You will go talk to him.
~~~~~~

You knocked on the door before letting yourself in.

He had dark circles under his eyes from a lack of sleep.

"Sans?.." you said while taking a step to him.

"yeah?" He said faintly.

"What's wrong." You asked sternly yet caring.

"nothin." he said while slowly turning towards you.

His hair was a mess. And considering he was technically human... you could see he was tired of talking already.

You sighed and crossed your arms. "Sans. Come on. Tell me what's eating you." You said while taking a step closer.

He mumbled Something quietly.

You didn't like the way this was going. It wasn't how you planned it to go.

"Get some rest. I'll be back later." You said while turning around and walking out

You had been defeated.

You wanted to help sans. You truly did. But you can't help someone that isn't ready to be helped.

You slowly walked down the stairs and made your way to the door.

Paps was on the couch with his arms crossed. "What's wrong with sans?" You said while facing him.

He grumbled and looked away.
"Oh...HIM."

You looked at him confused.

"What's wrong?"
You said while removing your hand from the door knob.

"HE. Is just being him human."

You walked to him. "Paps. Tell me what happened."

He seemed to get a bit teary eyed.
"We had a fight again."
"AGAIN?."
"...I... just got mad, I didn't mean to make him upset or mad at me."

"Paps what happened exactly."

He crossed his arms and sighed.
-----
(Flashback? In third person?)

"Bro I don't think you should be around him anymore."

"WHY BROTHER?"

"I don't like him. I don't want you near him."

"B-BUT."

"Paps... DON'T go near him again. Especially without telling me beforehand."

Papyrus could tell that he was mad. But with the extra height he could pull off a strong intimidating look.

"BROTHER, I AM GROWN I CAN TAKE CARE OF MYSELF." he said trying to make himself sound serious.

"Papyrus. DONT argue with me." His eye flickered a blue color showing that he was growing mad.

"I... UH...."

"papyrus. I don't like Mettaton. And I don't expect you to go near him. So listen to me-

"NO BROTHER YOU LISTEN TO ME. I AM OLD ENOUGH TO CHOSE WHAT I DO-"

"what did I say."

Papyrus flinched. He could tell that dragged this on would end up bad. He sighed and sat down quietly.
--------

You looked at paps surprised at what he did. What sans did...

This was different...so, so different...

Papyrus and sans fighting. What were you supposed to do?
-----

"So a new timeline that seems free... This could be easier than I anticipated..."
-------

And the first chapter of the second book! YUS.