chapter 27: Home

You opened you eyes quickly and jumped in your seat.
Papyrus noticed your actions and looked back at you.

"ARE YOU OK HUMAN?" he said while quickly looking back at the road

You nodded, he saw you nod from the mirror and smiled.

"GOOD." papyrus always managed to make you smile. Although his actions did tend to make him seem more childlike.

And even though he was pretty much a grown up, you still didn't seem to put that into consideration.

You looked out the window and watched as the other cars sped past you.

Not like you could make a conversation. Sans was asleep and pap needed to drive, so you just watched.

Watched as the clouds grew puffy and grey, and a few raindrops could be seen.

Watched as trees swayed slowly with the wind.
Watched as your timeline went on
-------

You were pulling into your driveway, Papyrus parked the car and you waited until he could help you out

You hated not being able to fend for yourself. Every time you walked, it was like your legs were noodles.

He opened the door and helped you up. Slowly you were able to walk to the stairs.

Now how do you get up them? You watched quietly as the once four steps that you walked every day were in front of you, but now they seemed much harder to get up.

With your free hand you signed.
*I can't get up." He looked at you.
Not sure on what to do.

"don't worry pap I got it." You saw your soul turned the deep blue color and you were carefully placed up the steps.

Papyrus ran up the. And once again grabbed your hand before the magic faded.

The door now right there in front of your. You opened it and walked in.

Once pap got in, you signed at him to let go for a second.

He did, but seemed unsure.
Slowly you took steps twords the couch. Around the fourth step your legs went wobbly, but you managed to keep up until you landed on the couch

Papyrus clapped in an exited way.

Mom opened her door and smiled
"Welcome home my child!" She walked over to you and sat down.

*Hey mom." You signed at her with a smile.

She gave you hug and pulled away. You sat up as much as you could and looked around.

Considering you made it to the couch, you'd say you were making progress.

You just wish you could speak again. And even though you wanted to start talking, they said let your voice rest.

At least until next month or so.
So for now you'd just have to deal with it. Even though you hated having to wait.

*It's good to be home... I Missed it here." You looked at mom and smiled

"It was quiet without you here my child." She smiled and stood up

"How about I go and make so butterscotch pie?" She said with a smile

You nodded excitedly. And so she went off.

A song that you had heard so many times before quietly played in the back of your mind.

But if you close your eyes
Does it almost feel like we've been
Here before?

Made sense at this moment right? You were back home, back where you always yearned to see.

And now you were there. Safe and sound. Well... At least for now.

So why not just enjoy it.