chapter 17: separated

You saw everything go black in a matter of seconds. A giant code window popped up.

You read as much at you could from where you stood.

'Error,
this Window, Undertale.exe has been closed temporarily, due to a bug in the code.'

You put your hand on the message and it shocked you.

"OUCH!" You grabbed the palm of your hand and rubbed it.

"Enjoying the view? You'd be surprised on how I found this old thing. I was just changing some code around, copyed it, made a platform base and pasted. I haven't used it up until now."

"What does it mean, Undertale.exe? Why is that there?"

He chuckled deeply. "To make this simple, YOU are not in total control of your universe. A single code error and you can erase the existing universe. Your timeline, the original one, for example, cant be permanently erased. Without the original base of the time, everything existing off of its code and core existint, would also be erased. Due to the power of the original timeline, YOUR timeline, others have been able to be created, and survive. But this whole existint
Had to be made off of something. That is this, the void. One of many. The void is technically a control center of everything, things can be corrupted from here, but not changed completely. The void is also a Barrier. If the code is completely damaged, it will stop the timeline and either fix it or destroy it and its inhabitants."

You looked at him and backed away. You looked at the floor and thought.

"So anything I've done, can create a new timeline, and completely change how it works?"

"Why of course. For example. Your genocide playthrough. After your reset, not only did DustTale end up creating it's timeline, so did HorrorTale. That one playthrough made two timelines to keep the playthrough saved forever, nothing is ever forgotten after a reset, just copyed and then placed in a completely empty void, and thus the timeline starts."

You lost feeling In your legs and ended up falling to the floor. You not only had the control of your timeline, but the complete existintant of another timeline in general.

"I-i. Why... Why am I here."

"I corrupted UnderSwap. It brought you here to determine the damage until sending you back. And before you freak out, I didn't do enough harm to erase it, that wouldn't be fun at all!"

You closed your eyes.
"Are they still technically alive, or you know active? Can they see that I'm gone?"

"No. When a timeline is corrupted it freezes everything, takes out The only source of determation of high enough power and does a scan of the whole timeline, and finds the corrupted piece and will try to fix it." He laughed quietly. "Let's hope it doesn't think sans is too corrupted."

You clenched your fists.

"WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO. I SWEAR IF YOU KILL SANS I WONT REGRET STABBING YOU."

"Calm down kid, I didn't do enough harm to even change any code back."

"WHAT DID YOU CHANGE ON SANS?!"

"Ya know his health. It's not 30 anymore. I brought it down two, but when you get back to your timeline it'll go back."

"...Hey cross."

"Hmm?"

"What happened to your timeline? What timeline of mine did your originate from?"

"...My timeline is gone, erased. And it was from your 19th reset. The one where you only killed papyrus. Dontcha remember that one? If not then wow, im surprised."

"...yeah I remember. Wasn't too happy with that timeline, but I didn't even finish that timeline completely. I reset not even ten seconds after paps death."

"Welp, PAL. Im gonna leave you here until your sent back. See ya soon kiddo."

And with that he left. And you just thought about everything. Sure Ink said not to listen him, but if he knew that much, then there was enough proof.
============

So quick little authors note, I wanted to get this chapter up before 2017, so that's why it's up at 1:40am, not only that, but i hope you al have a awesome new years celebration, stay safe, and see you soon!

BOI!!