Chapter 9: The Disobedient Servant

Seto was laying flat on his back, Yugi's claws at his throat, Yugi's mouth inches from Seto's face.  Guttural snarls were emanating from Yugi.  Seto's eyes were wide, staring up at amethyst leopard eyes.  He felt  all of Yugi's weight on top of him in the form of a very pissed off black leopard.  Yugi's tail was flicking angrily back and forth.  All Seto could keep thinking was, "How the hell did he get the jump on me?"

     CRASH!  Just as suddenly, Seto was staring at the ceiling, the weight on his body gone.  He put his hand to his neck and felt a couple drops of blood start to slide down his neck as he sat up.  Looking around, he saw a glass end table shattered and Yami straddling the leopard, pinning him in place on the ground.  Just then, the door shattered open and a large blond leopard ran in, leaping for Yami.  Seto easily reached out and grabbed the blond around the neck, pulling him down, pinning him to the floor.

     "Going somewhere, Mutt?"  Joey snarled at Seto in reply.  Seto merely laughed and drug Joey from the meeting room  into the room across the hall, kicking the door shut behind him.

     "What. Was. That?"  Yami asked, crimson eyes flaring with anger.  Yugi slowed his breathing, calming his anger.  His body slowly started changing back, his face resuming human form.

     "This has nothing to do with you.  That bastard broke his word.  Nobody feeds off of my prowl, no one!"  Yugi spat in anger, struggling to get out of Yami's concrete grip.

     "Listen to me, Little One.  Do. Not. Threaten. Mine."  He squeezed just a bit, to show who was in control.  Yami's eyes got dark with anger.  "If Seto bit your friend, there was a reason behind it."

     "You bastards can't just bite whoever you want!"  Yugi stopped struggling and stared at Yami,  amethyst eyes going almost black with rage.  "You know as well as I that a bite on a neck from a vampire signifies you are their whore, to be used unless you bloodless freaks mark them as your mate.  Joey is not a whore, but of noble lineage.  His reputation will be avenged!"  Yugi spat.  At that last word, an explosion of power flew from Yugi's body, sending Yami flying backwards with a sickening thump into the wall.

     Yugi got up and sighed angrily, looking at his naked self and ripped clothes.  "I really need tear away clothing." he sighed again.  He looked over at Yami, who had stood up and was eyeing him dangerously. 

     "You want my protection?  I recommend" he sneered "to not try any of this bullshit again.  Or I will pull my offer of protection."  He spat some blood on the floor, wiping his mouth with the back of his hand.  "Now...you have spilled blood of mine, I expect a replacement."

     "Get it from that whore...Honda, is it?"  Yugi growled.  "He likes your fangs all over him."  Yugi spat out disgustedly, turning from Yami and heading to rhe door.

     Yami suddenly appeared in front of Yugi in the doorway and laughed, smirking at Yugi.  "You need to be careful, Little One, I do not allow myself to be talked to in such a manner.  We have a...business...relationship.  So, in a sense, we are allies.  Do not make me an enemy.  Now, come with me.  Your shift is not over with yet."  He turned on his heel and walked off, leaving Yugi with no choice but to follow Yami.  Buck ass naked, as Joey would call it.  Yugi smiled thinking of his friend, and then frowned.

     "Joey, can you hear me?" Yugi thought, reaching out to his friend.

     "Yea, Yug, I'm 'kay."

     "Goos, I am glad about that.  We will talk more at home.  I need..." but Joey never got to find out what Yugi needed, as Yugi became acutely aware that many men and women were staring at him hungrily because Yami had walked him out to the busy dance club floor.  "You will feed me, one way or the other."  Yugi looked confused, as Yami sat down in a cushioned chair near a stage.  "Now, Yugi....dance for me."