Chapter 25: Chaos Resurrection

"What the fuck ya tink yor doin'?"  Joey yelled as Ravyn pulled the dagger out from Seto's chest.  His honey eyes wide, unblinking, his brain trying to figure out and process the scene.  He ran over to Seto, pulling Seto's lifeless body in Joey's lap.  Ravyn never flinched, and never quit chanting.

     At this point, Yami and Yugi had run in. Yugi skidded to halt, colliding with Yami's back since Yami had ran in and stopped at the sight of his cousin dead on the floor by someone he trusted and considered a friend. Yugi landed on his butt, as Yami was frozen as stone and did not even seem to notice Yugi. Ravyn kept chanting, a deep blue smoke curling around the blade, infusing it with an unearthly glow.

     "Oh, dear." a soft British voice clipped, surveying the scene.  Ryou walked in and put the scene together rather quickly.  He also, just as quickly ran over and grabbed Joey.  "Joey, you must lay him down, she is in the middle of a ritual!"  Unfortunately for Ryou, Joey was strong and stubborn.  Needless to say, he did not "lay Seto down."  He shook Ryou off, shoving him, so Ryou went flying backwards and, unfortunately, as Ryou flew backwards, he also slammed into Ravyn, taking both of them down on the hard stone floor.  Ravyn's eyes went wide and Ryou stood quickly.  Yami ran over, Yugi on his heels, and helped Ryou up.  Yugi went to help Ravyn; however, his eyes grew to the size of saucers at the sight.  Imbedded  in Ravyn's chest, a little below the sternum, was the dagger.  Yugi, Ryou, and Yami all watched in horror as Ravyn's eyes became a bright, ice blue, and then dulled to a muddy black.

     "Ravyn, please, stay with us.  I am going to pull the dagger out and Ryou will heal you."  Yami stated, looking at Ryou as Ryou nodded in agreement.  It seemed that Ravyn was in too much pain to speak, so she couldn't agree or disagree.  Yami wasn't even sure if she heard him.  In any event,  Yami grabbed the hilt and looked to Ryou.  Ryou put his hands on either side of the dagger, a few inches away from the blade, and nodded at Yami.  Yami then pulled the dagger quickly, as Ryou started casting, a soft silver glow coming from his hands.  Yami sighed, staring at the wound starting to close.  He looked up at Ravyn's face; her eyes closed.  He heard Ryou quit chanting and looked to him.  "Did it work?" he questioned.  Ryou nodded in the affirmative after studying his work on Ravyn.

     Yami sighed, then turned to the more difficult task, seeing after his dead cousin.  Joey was still sitting before, staring at Seto's lifeless body, tears falling on Seto's emotionless face.

     All of a sudden, Ravyn started screaming.  "Where am I?  Who are you?  Who am I??  Who are you??"  Yami turned, completely confused.  At that moment, Ravyn opened her eyes, and Yami, Yugi, and Ryou all gasped in horror.  Ravyn's eyes were no longer pale, almost white, but instead were a swirling mass of brown and white.

     "Get out of my head you bitch!"  Ravyn was holding her head, pulling on her hair.  "No, you get out of mine!!!"  Yami just looked at Ryou in confusion.  Yugi had scooted back in a protective position between Yami and Ravyn, ready to pounce to protect Yami.  He had not transformed, but his body was humming with adrenaline, ready to attack (or transform) at a moment's notice.

     Joey was still holding onto Seto, but the screaming had gotten his attention and he was watching from where he sat.  All of a sudden he felt a hand on his.  Joey looked at his hands and saw Seto's hand on Joey's.  Joey's eyes widened in surprise and darted to Seto's face.  Cobalt stared out from the brown bangs.  "Did it work?"  Seto croaked in weak confusion.

     At that moment, all hell started breaking loose as the door was flung open and pretty much everyone that was to appear for the meeting was flooding in the door trying to figure out what was going on.  Ryou took the opportunity to cast a spell, silver tendrils coming from his fingers, directed at Ravyn.  As the tendrils curled around Ravyn's head, she started becoming quieter, eyes drooping, until she collapsed in sleep.

     "What the fuck just happened Ryou?"  Yami asked, voice deadly calm.  Everyone became silent.  It was never good when Yami had that tone of voice.

     Ryou cleared his throat.  "Ah, yes...well...it appears that Ravyn was completing a soul transferrence ritual.  However, when I..ah, bumped into her, she had not had a chance to complete the ritual until I completed it for her, in a manner of speaking..."  Ryou was conscientious enough to look ashamed, even though it was not his fault he hit Ravyn.

     Rebecca stepped in, at Yami's look of confused annoyance.  "What Ryou is trying to say is that Ravyn was using Seto's life force to call a spirit from the Other Realm."  Ryou coughed politely, and Rebecca stepped back.

     Ryou continued.  "Ravyn had gotten some kind of a spirit from the Other Realm, as it was coiled around the dagger.  But instead of being able to seal it in Seto's body, thereby banishing Seto to nothingness since vampires have no soul, when the dagger entered her, the spirit entered her body instead, and Seto's life force returned to his body, since there was space for it again.  How in the hell Ravyn and that other spirit are in the same body, though, I do not know.  All I do know is, that we have to find a body and quick, or we will lose Ravyn and that other soul for good, as they will tear each other apart.  We may still lose the unknown soul."

     Great, just fucking great.  Yami thought to himself.  Now, not only do I have to worry about Bakura, but I have to find a way to save Ravyn and the Mystery Casper.  And figure out what the hell possessed Seto to do something so...reckless.  For Fuck's Sake.  I just want to lay in bed, stare at Yugi, and revel in the fact that I have my other half back.  Is that too fucking much to ask?

     Yami sighed.  "Ryou, keep her asleep while we figure out what is going on.  We still have to figure out this Bakura mess, too.  How long do we have before we lose Ravyn?"  Ryou nodded and some spellcasters came up, picking her up. 

     "I am not sure...24 hours perhaps?  I will send some casters out to try to find an appropriate vessel for the other spirit.  I will take her to your office when I can make her more comfortable.  The more comfortable she is, the longer she will sleep.  Do we know who Ravyn was summoning?"  Ryou asked, looking around the room.

     "Serenity."  Seto croaked out quietly, as Joey's eyes widened.