Chapter 12: The Start

Yami slept fitfully and woke with a start.  He was dreaming....of what?  He hadn't dreamnt in millenia, now, after the events of last night, he dreams?

     Sighing, he opend his coffin and stepped out.  Walking over to his shower, his mind wandered over the past 24 hours.  As the warm water sluiced over his skin, he closed his eyes, resting his head on the shower stall.

     "Hollywood says vampires don't sleep."  Yami sighed.  Seto had no tact.  Couldn't Yami even shower in peace?

     "Yes, and Hollywood also says pandas learn Kung Fu and sound like Jack Black.  Your point?"  Yami glared as he stuck out his arm and grabbed a black towel, drying off and wrapping it around his waist.

     "I have been doing research all night.  I couldn't rest."  Seto said, following Yami out into his bedroom, which was off of the bathroom. 

     "About Bakura, I hope?" Yami asked tiredly, mind still trying to chase his dream.

     "No, of course not.  About Kisara."  Seto sat down on the bed as Yami changed into pants and a black tank top.

     "Of course."  Yami said drily and headed to the kitchen, Seto following quietly, deep in thought.  Yami gave up trying to remember the dream.  It was just a dream after all, it had no significance.

    "Honda." Yami nodded.  Honda smiled and sat next to Yami and bent his neck accordingly.  Yami pierced the flesh, drinking some.  Honda sat perfectly happy, while Yami picked up his phone and looked at the local news sites, drinking from Honda occasionally as he kept up with the times.

     After a few minutes, Yami looked up.  Seto was staring off in the distance.  Yami raised an eyebrow.  Sighing, he asked the inevitable.  "What did you learn?"

     Seto's eyes were sad.  That startled Yami.  He hadn't seen that emotion since...her.

     "After investing several hours, I traced Joey's lineage.  It seems he had an ancestor named...Kisara Kaiba."

     Yami choked and gagged at that.  "Kaiba, you are attracted to your kin?  That is just sick.  I mean, yea, we are sexual creatures, but...dayum."

     Seto glared at Yami with such force that Yami flinched as if struck.  "No, Idiot."  Seto sighed.  "There is something I never told you about Kisara.  Remember when I took her on a trip, and was gone for a year?"

     Yami nodded.  It was an unusual time in the pair's history, for Seto was even more closed off after coming back, and refused to speak of that time at all.  Seto had always confided in Yami before that and since, but never about that.  Within a week after returning, Kisara and Seto had been married,  and the day after their wedding, she had been taken from Seto.  It was at that point that Yami and Seto were set on their current path.  Yami found himself slightly leaning forward in interest.

     "On that trip, Kisara was raped."  The pain in Seto's eyes was real, and fresh.  Yami held in the gasp that threatened to escape.  Rapists were the lowest of the low, with no honor.  "We were never intimate, yet she sired a son...who was born nine months from the day of the rape.  The boy was kidnapped 2 days after his birth.  Jayce was never found."

     Yami was trying to let that sink in.  "Joey is a long lost heir of that lineage." Seto clipped, rolling his eyes at Yami's density.  At that, he got up and left the kitchen.  Yami sat there, trying to let everything sink in.

     Suddenly, there was a knock.  Yami looked up and saw Yugi standing there.  "Honda told me to see you about my hand."  Yugi stated, looking down.

     Yami was concerned.  Yugi seemed...off.  At that moment Yami smelled...something intoxicating.  Yugi again...but stronger.  His scent mixed with the acrid smell of blood.  Yami's mouth started watering.  That was when he saw it.  A large gash on Yugi's right hand.

     "What happened to your hand?" Yami asked.  Yugi looked down.  "I got cut by silver.  It will heal, just takes longer."  Yugi said.  "By the way, thank you." 

     Yami looked confused.  "For?"

     "Your eye thing lit up, and they ran.  All 7 of them.  Screaming like they had been scorched."

     "W...would you like me to heal your hand?" Yami asked tentatively.

     "How?"

     "My saliva has healing properties."  Yami realized he was holding his breath and slowly let it out.

     "O...okay."  Yugi kept looking down.

     Yami walked over and gently took Yugi's hand.  He lightly ran his tongue over the cut, as it started healing.  Yugi's blood was...amazing.  Yami's eyes slid closed as a small moan escaped his lips.

     Yugi just watched Yami, his breathing becoming shallow.  "Please..." his voice faltered.  He was trying to say please stop, but the word would not come.  This could not happen, not after what Yugi learned.    Yami looked up, eyes dark with desire.

     Yugi couldn't speak as Yami moved in closer.  "Gladly."  Yami whispered, moving in and capturing Yugi's lips with his own.  Yugi groaned, wrapping arms around Yami.  Yami pulled him closer, running his tongue over Yugi's lips.

     Suddenly, Yugi pushed away.  "No.  I...I can't do this.  This is wrong...you're...just, no."  Yugi turned and walked out, leaving Yami to stand there, wondering what the hell just happened.