Happy birthday to me

In the morning I put a face mask on and paint my nails.Once I have washed the mask off I go for a run around my block before grabbing a croissant from the local bakery.

Today is my birthday and I deserve to do it in style.I get myself showered and feel I deserve some retail therapy after long hours at the diner and the hell I have battled with throughout college.

I honestly can't belief that the college dance is on my birthday.

I take a short drive to our local shopping centre and spend most of the day wandering around the shops,hooking plenty of clothes over my arm trying them on and putting most of them back on the rails.

I head home with a couple of bags of clothes to enter the house to a squealing mother and smiley step father.

"Happy birthday punkin" She hugs me nearly knocking me off my feet.

I place my shopping bags down and hug her back.

"Come in in sweetie,take a seat on the sofa"My mum grabs my hand

"Zack" I squeal as I enter the living room and hug him tightly

"Hey birthday gal,how are we feeling today?"He asks

"Well it's my birthday so I'm happy" I smile

"Happy birthday to you happy birthday to you...." I hear before my step dad enters the living room with a rose patterned cake.Funny thing the cake looks like the rose box I received lastnight.

I blow the candles out, close my eyes and pretend to make a wish.

"Presents" My mum mentions

She hands me a silver bag with a colossal amount of tissue paper in it.

I open the bag which reveals a medium size box.

Lifting the lid it reveals a sky blue pair of shoes.

"Mum these are beautiful,match my dress perfectly" I smile and step my feet into them and walk around the living room.They fit just right and seem to be comfortable,probably won't be by the end of the night.

"Glad you like them sweetie" She smiles

"Here you go pet" My step dad hands me another bag but this one is smaller.

I open it revealing a mass of tissue paper.A small box is inside.I open it and my eyes land on a silver bracelet with a couple of charms.

"Pandora bracelet?" I question

"Oh gosh I'm so lucky,Thankyou" I smile hugging them both.My step dad slips it on my wrist and I can't keep my eyes off of it.

"You deserve it sweetheart,our hard working girl"  My step dad comments

His words "our girl" catch me off guard

"I mean,our Mila" He corrects himself

"No it's okay,our girl is a much better name for me" I assure him and hug him.

"Oh and Thankyou Zack for my dresses and the roses" I comment hugging him

"Mila the roses aren't from me" He comments