Chapter 7

"Iz, we have something to tell you," a few girls stopped me at the hallway. They looked at each other then stopped at me. 

I sighed. What is it this time? Nat again? 

For the past few weeks, I have been 'interviewed' by most of the students regarding Nat's behaviour.

She have been behaving so weird among the people. And those people came to see me reporting everything.

"Yes, what is it?" I asked. "Um, we saw her at the dining hall just now." They said hesitatedly.

"Then? She was talking to herself? Two plates and two drinks across each other? She laughed and talked while no one was actually in front of her?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Oh my God! You knew it! We were so scared! She was talking to no one! But the food is there. We were whispering to each other and suddenly she looked at us. We were so surprised that we almost scream." Full of emotions.

You guys were scared but still want to talk about her? Still look at her? Just ignore her then. I rolled my eyes in annoyance but they didnt see that.

We experienced that a lot in the dorm, little did you guys know.

Almost everyday, we got to see her talking and laughing to herself, then to a wall, even to her doll! And she also keeping that attitude of looking at people with that eerie smile on her face. Just the thoughts and flashbacks make me shiver.

We were all so scared but I didnt think much. Maybe she is just an introvert. I dont know why I am being optimistic but maybe she has a secret behind all that.

I dont want to humiliate her so I asked my dormmates to keep it as a secret. But, the whole school had acknowledged that. Not because of us, but because of her own doing. She was behaving so not normal. And everyone was watching. It is not a secret anymore then.

"Iz? Are you listening to us?" I flinched. "Ah yes. Dont worry. She is fine. Maybe she was waiting for her friend," They looked at me in disbelief.

"There was no one there! She was..." they continued. "Yes I know. Just dont worry, dont mind her business then," I snapped. "She is okay," I smiled.

They noticed the change on my face and said sorry. Then we walked to school together but I said nothing.

So many questions lingered in my mind and yet, no answers.