Thanksgiving Tale- Princess Viviana

As you guys requested, here is the second and final Thanksgiving Tale of this year...Princess Viviana!

.............................

Family, kind words, an endless stream of noise. It was as ordinary a holiday scene as ever. Viviana could've never imagined that it would be her last Thanksgiving with her human family. 

Yet, on this Thanksgiving, as she sat at the window of her room in Icicle Hall, she couldn't help but think about how much had happened since the previous November. 

Or Deucwyn, as the month was now to be called. 

The older Icehearts were currently having a banquet in the Main Hall. Viviana could tell that it was getting quite exciting, from the intensification of the vibrations that were beginning to emanate from the floor below her and the faster beat of distant music. 

She had been invited to join them, but she wasn't exactly in the mood for noise. Thanksgiving was always about noise. For once, she wanted it to be about her thoughts. 

Having experienced more in a year than most people experienced in a lifetime, she had plenty of those to go around. 

She started with thoughts of the people to whom she wanted to dedicate her Thanksgiving. The people who had fought for justice just as hard as she had, if not harder, but would never see the result of their hard work. The people whose journeys through the winding path of life on Lessaenes were cut shamefully short. 

Amanda Myers. One who was first Viviana's greatest nightmare, but ended up making the greatest sacrifice for her brother. 

It was darkly ironic, really, how someone she once hated had saved someone she loved. 

Life was cruel like that. You never knew what it would throw at you. But, despite the ups and downs they had endured together, Amanda's trust had never once wavered. She had kept at the princess, telling her that she was capable of so much more than she could ever imagine. 

Viviana was thankful for those who believed in her. 

Jade and Calvin. Average WGO Glitches whose bodies were used as vessels of the Ice Queen. They were, admittedly, slightly irritating, but were dedicated to their organization. 

They had never had the chance to show that dedication. 

Viviana was thankful for those who truly cared about her cause. 

Lastly, the most recent and most painful addition to her list. Viviana couldn't bear to think about it, but she owed it to one of the most important people in her life. 

Kelly Peters. The girl who had been there. She hadn't ever needed to do more. Her presence had been enough to comfort the princess, and to give her strength when she didn't feel like she could muster up any of her own. 

Kelly's undying optimism had propelled a dismal Viviana through many a difficult night. 

Viviana was thankful for those who loved the world, truly. Not despite its flaws, but with them. 

Viviana was thankful for the eleven-year-old girl who had taught her to hope.