Chapter 5

Alia's POV:

I watched as Ross walked up to the microphone and cleared his throat.

"This is a new song I wrote today. and it's about caring alot for someone." He looked at me and smiled. "It's also dedicated to a very special girl in this room." the crowed oo-ed as Rydel began playing her key board.

"You're always on my mind,I think about you all the time..." He paused and glanced over at me."Um, no" He grabbed the microphone off the stand and started dancing in the middle of the room.

"Let's not talk about it
Drama: we can live without it
Catch a wave if we're bored
There's a clock we'll ignore
Find a way around it"

He looked at me and winked as he spun around and danced.

"Hey girl, I can tell there's something
Even when you say it's nothing"

He walked over to me and gently fluffed one side of my hair with his hand.

"When you're playing with your hair
Like you just don't care
It's a tell you're bluffing"

He got down on his knees in front of me and pretended like he was begging.

"Now, please don't take this the wrong way."

I laughed as he slid back on his butt and got up and started dancing again.

"I love the things you do
It's how you do the things you love
But it's not a love song, not a love song

I love the way you get me
But correct me
If I'm wrong
This is not a love song, not a love song"

He then sat down next to me and put his arm around me and swayed me back and forth and i laughed putting my face in my hands.

"I love that you buy the tickets
And you don't make me watch a chick flick
We've come so far
Being just the way we are
If it's not broke don't fix it"

He jumped onto my lap and wrapped his arms around my neck like a girl would to a guy if they were holding them and everyone started laughing except.. well Laura.

"I can't guess the meaning
When you don't say what you're feeling
If you got a broken heart,
You can punch me in the arm
Now that's what you're needing "

He got off of me and waved his finger back and forth infront of my face.

"Don't take this the wrong way."

Ross went back to his spot in the middle of the room and danced again.

"I love the things you do
It's how you do the things you love
But it's not a love song, not a love song

I love the way you get me
But correct me
If I'm wrong
This is not a love song, not a love song"

He kneeled down on one knee in front of me and grabbed my hand.

"I don't speak, girl
Like "Hey girl!"
I don't quite understand a manicure
But you're the only friend I'd take a shower for (and I would really do that for you)
And I would hold your bags when you go shopping
What a guy,What a guy"

He pulled me off the couch and spun me around by my wrist. Ross then put me back in my seat and contiued dancing through the rest of the song.

"I love the things you do
It's how you do the things you love
The way you say it,
Put me through it
I guess I always knew it (I always knew)

I love the way you get me
But correct me
If I'm wrong
This is not a love song, not a love song

I love the things you do,
It's how you do the things you love
But it's not a love song (no, definitely not a love song)
Not a love song

I love the way you get me
But correct me,
If I'm wrong
This is not a love song (it's not a love song)
Not a love song
This is not a love song (it's not a love song)
Not a love song
This is not a love song (it's not a love song)
Not a love song"

The song had ended and I ran up to Ross giving him the biggest hug ever. If this was his way of saying sorry for the shit he put me through the last few years. Apology accepted.

*Time lasp*

The party was over when I was about to head over to my place to grab some Pajama's when I decided to just stay home tonight. I said my goodbyes to Rydel, Ryland,Rocky, And Riker. Ratcliff had already gone home and i wanted to see Ross before I left. I walked upstairs and Knocked on his bedroom door.

"Come In."

I walked into his room to see him chaging, he was wearing a pair of basket ball shorts and his shirt was off. His abs and v line were all i could notice. The definiton of them were crazy. I felt my cheeks go red and my stomach was doing twists. He smiled and walked over to his bed to pick up the teeshirt lying on it.

"Hey! sorry about the shirtless thing, If i knew it was you I would've put it on before telling you to come it." He slipped The teeshirt on.

"No.. no it's okay" my face got even redder.

Ross looked at me up and down then gesturing toward the bed. "Come in, sit down."

I walked into Ross' bedroom and sat at the end of the bed, and he sat next to me and looked at me.

"What's up?"

"I came to say bye."

"Bye?" a sudden look of dissapoint came over his eyes. "Where you going?"

I Laughed "Next door. It's getting late. I'm going to bed."

"Well.. why don't you stay the night?"

"I would, but, I just kinda want to be alone tonight. Today was overwhelming. and I'm going to clean up around my house tomorrow anyway." I looked at Ross who wasnt looking at me anymore. I placed my head on his shoulder when he looked up at me again.

"Is that all you came here for?"

"No.. I.. " I sighed before continueing my sentence.. i wasn't sure what i wanted to tell him, but i know i didn't want to leave the room. "Thank you.. for the song." I wrapped my arms around his torso. "Tonight was amazing."

"Just, take that as an apology."

"Then apology accepted"

I smiled at him and he did too, then his smile slowly began to fade. He looked down at my lips and slowly leaned in still staring at them. I don't know what had came over me. But I did the same. I shut my eyes and expected to feel lips crash into mine, but then heard Rocky's voice come from the door.

"Hey Ross can I talk to you for a -" I pulled back as fast as I could and Rocky stared at us. "Were you about to kiss?"

Ross looked at me then back at Rocky. I shook my head and giggled. I then walked out of the door and as I left I looked back at Ross and smiled.

"Goodnight Ross."

I walked down the stairs and said bye to Rydel one last night before walking back to my house.

Ross' POV:

I looked down at the ground when Alia had told me she was leaving. I really wanted to tell her that I really wanted her to stay. I wanted her to stay with me. I wanted her to be mine. But I couldn't find the words to tell her when I felt her head hit my shoulder. After talking for a bit I found myself in that magical place again, the one where the temptation to kiss her took over and I couldn't resist. I leaned in staring at her lips and to my surprise she did the same. We were so close and our lips were about to touch when.

"Ross can I talk to you for a-"

My eyes were still closed and I was still caught in the moment when I felt Alia move away. Then I did as well. I looked at Rocky.

"Were you about to kiss?"

I didn't know what to say. Then I looked over at Alia and watched as she got up. Her sassy sexy walk turned me on once more.

"Goodnight Ross."

As soon as she left Rocky looked at me and smiled.

"Did you ask her?"

"I chickened out." I looked down at the floor and Rocky came over to me.

"Bro, don't be scared. It's Alia."

"Yeah, but Alia and I haven't been the same for a few years now... Plus, I think it's too early to ask her. We haven't even been okay for a day yet."

"Well, you have 2 weeks bro. No rush."

He patted my back then walked out of the room shutting the door behind him. I walked up to my window and opened the curtains, something I haven't done in a while because if i could see the inside of Alia's office and her room. It I looked to my right. The office. And the left. Her room. I saw that Alia's curtains were open and the light of her room had turned on. I saw Alia walk over to her closet and pick out her Pj's I smiled to myself and shut the curtain to give her some privacy. I picked up my phone and sent her a text.

{Ross (11:55 pm) :: goodnight Alia. Sweet dreams.}

Alia's POV:

I was in my room changing into my pajamas when i heard my phone buzz and a named popped up that hasn't pooped on my phone in a very long time. I opened the message and read.

{Ross (11:55 pm) :: goodnight Alia. Sweet dreams.}

{Alia (11:56 pm) :: goodnight Ross. c: xx}

I put on a blue tank top and a pair of plaid pajama pants and hopped into bed. Before I know it. I had fallen asleep with a smile on my face.