Chapter 13. Polo Bar.

'She likes you. I can tell by the way she lights up when your name is mentioned.' Sally became distracted for five seconds. 'My friends over there are talking about you.'

It wasn't necessary to look round, as he'd already seen the group of girls in tennis tops and skirts when he sat down. The girls perched on sofas ten paces away. 'I don't play tennis, Sally. I'm useless.'

'They're not interested in a tennis game with you. Get real, Harry. They can see a man who can handle himself ... fit by the look of you, and frightfully good-looking.' Her voice had risen with her enthusiasm. 'You're the best thing to walk into this bar all month.' She shrieked with laughter.

He hid his embarrassment by sipping his coffee. 'I think I might disappoint them.' There wasn't any point in also saying, My record with relationships is terrible, and rule number one is I always sleep on my own.

'I can tell you're ticking off all the negatives as to why you don't get involved.'

'I have nothing to add that would interest any woman.'

'Curr-rap. You think you're a loner. You may have been a loner at one time. But the fact that you're here is a chink in the wall you've built round yourself.' She angled her head. 'I can see what Coco sees in you. For a start, you have seriously killer eyes. And your voice ... well ... if you were a politician you'd sure get my vote.' She used the fingers of her right hand to stroke the hair above her ear. 'I've seen Coco change over the last couple of years. It's like she has two lives ... one at home ... and one in her business life. You probably don't know, but she's had huge success in cosmetics and–'