Chapter 22. Break-In.

Author's note: I'm sure you don't need reminding - you are reading the scenes that got rejected for the final book on Amazon ( retitled: London Love Story).

As he walked confidently towards the house, he kept the tools he needed in his right hand. At the front door, he rang the bell in case of an unexpected person in the house. While he waited he used the locksmith tools to unlock the door. There wasn't an alarm, he had already noted that on his previous visit. Inside, he could detect the subtle smell of her perfume as he stood in the quiet hall and pressed the prearranged signal into his mobile - two colleagues from Six would be here in a few minutes.

Most of the other houses had at least one light on, it being early evening. He closed the blind in the study and switched the lights on. The wooden four drawer filing cabinet was unlocked. Any file that looked interesting he pulled out and photographed it with his mobile. This included Corinne's will, the latest set of her business accounts, some bank details, but there were no paper statements.

The other men arrived and got straight to work on Jacques's laptop and iPad. One of them broke the password in ten minutes, the same password for both devices. They used memory sticks to download files and bank statements and passed the dongles to Harry. The two agents left the house as Harry switched off the lights and drew back the blinds. He followed, calmly shut the door and walked back to the Mini.