Chapter 15. Flower Show.

Sally said, 'When Harry came to the tennis club he was genuinely worried in case you didn't want to see him again. And I know you want to meet him as well. The trick is not to let Jacques know ... not yet anyway until you're ready to fire all your God-awful entourage, including Jacques. So, I have a plan.'

'And I need a drink at the pub. Then you can tell me your crazy idea.'

They walked to the Sydney Arms, an austere property from the outside, black painted wood facade and doors, conveniently near to Corinne's house at the end of her road. It was just before five o'clock, which meant they got an outside bistro table on the pavement. In half an hour the early evening crowd of office workers would arrive and spill out onto the street, all standing holding pints of beer.

Corinne bought two pints of Sharps Cornish.

Sally said, 'Cheers,' and clinked Corinne's glass.

'Tell me, Sally, what you've cooked up.'

'Harry is concerned Jacques may look at your mobile to spy on your call history, so Harry feels it's not a good idea to phone you. So listen up, Coco. This is the plan. I'm taking you to the Chelsea Flower Show on Saturday. And you're going to have a great day.'

'Sally, I have a passing interest in gardening, I like a well-kept planting area and a nicely mowed piece of grass, straight lines from the lawn mower and all that. But I don't get into the detail of planting and–'

'That's not the point.'

'Oh!'

'It's part of the London season. End of May and the Chelsea Flower Show gets opened by the Queen, which was yesterday. Anybody-who's-anybody gets to go sometime over the four-day event.'

'It's an experience then. Do I get to have scones with strawberry jam and thick cream?'

'Yes, that's the story, and I'll fully brief you before you return home.'

'Oh!' She wondered if Sally had lost the plot. Had she gone mad?

'For Jacques's sake.' She put her hand on Corinne's thigh. 'In reality you're spending the day with Harry.'

Her heart missed a beat. She whispered, 'Where?'

'That's up to you. Let Harry fix up something. Somewhere very discreet, and near a bedroom in case you wish to use it.'

'Oh my God.' She tried to take it in. 'Harry wants this too?'

'Glad you asked that, darling, as it tells me you also want it. Of course Harry will want to meet you, talk over things, and see where it takes you. Any man would want that. To be honest, you need to see him again. You've known this man for a couple of days–'

'Nine days and two hours.'

'And there you are! Keeping track of the time. I'll tell Harry he's to organise something interesting, to spend the whole day with you.' Sally giggled. 'Both of you are in need of sex. Languid, exploring, explosive sex. Can I remind you, Coco, you've had one man in your life up till now, one guy since 16, which makes you inexperienced. I KNOW what I'm talking about, having had several boyfriends. The world will seem a different place when you find a new man. Go with the flow and let it happen.'

The idea of being in the sack with Harry began to cement into Corinne's mind. 'And the flower show is where I spent the day, as far as Jacques is concerned?' 

Sally nodded. 'Yup. And when you're done, Coco, we're going to have a discussion on what's more important ... a cosy chat on whether it's the girth, or length, of a man that's most sexy ... in bed. I'd say girth is the better option, although length is also good if you can get both.' Sally raised an eyebrow and giggled. 'I want a full report.'