Prologue

Vampires, werwolves and monsters only exist in fantasy. Stories of epic adventures and undying love,  it's all unreal. Fiction, nonsense, silly stories in the teen section of the library. That's what they want you to believe. Of course, all these fantasies don't actually exist, but magic, that is real. One species of magical creatures in particular, snowins. They live in a different dimension, never seen by a human. However there was a war between the snowins and the dark force, Wisps. Many of the snowins died in the fight, when the Wisps won they took over the dimension killing the remaining snowins. The dimension was plunged into eternal darkness, now ruled by the Wisps. During the war, very few snowins were able to escape. They fled to another dimension, known as Earth.

This story is about a particular snowin named Jisoo. She's lived in South Korea since she was 7 when she fled her dimension during the Wisps war. No one knows her secret. How long will that last? For now, she lives alone in a beautiful vintage house in the rural areas of Korea. She is currently on summer break, when she returns she will be entering college as her first year. Jisoo has no family or relatives, she's been supporting herself on her own most of her life. As  a stay at home artist, Jisoo can make money off of her paintings and drawings without having to leave her house. She's gotten used to living alone, being alone, freely taking her snowins form at home. She can walk around her house with her wings out instead of hiding them in her human form. Along with the wings Jisoo has her own magic, no wands or spells, just plain old magic. Although she is not great at it she still practices. All snowins also have sharp instincts, great hearing and eyesight. As well as night vision similar to a cat. Every snowins possesses their own unique capabilities. Jisoo was lucky to be born with one of the more useful powers, animal communication. Although she could speak with and understand animals Jisoo doesn't have a pet. That is because she didn't want to put anyone at danger. Being a snowins came certain risks and dangers. For one, she is never truly safe from the Wisps that took over her homeland. They occasionally circled above her house during the day but would soon vanish because they can't survive in light. Thus they were more active at night, stalking her house when the sun went down, but Jisoo never understood why they didn't attack. The Wisps are smoke like creatures, no face or features, silent... and deadly. They can't see but are drawn to magical forces, which is how they found Jisoo. Knowing this Jisoo is scared to have other living things near her in case the Wisps have a change of heart and attack. Especially on Wednesdays. In the snowins dimension Wednesday is a sort of symbolic day where the snowins's powers peaked. However for Jisoo it's a little different. Since she lives on earth the magic is warped in a way. Every Wednesday, at some time between sunrise and noon Jisoo suffers through a very painful transformation into her full snowins form. Her wings sprout at a much larger size than usual and are sleek black instead of snow white like on normal days. And her eyes become a shocking electric blue. At this state she gives off a much stronger magical aura attracting more of the Wisps. This could possibly lead to her species being exposed if others saw the large gathering of black smoke around Jisoo's house.                                                                                                   

 So far Jisoo has made it through all the Wednesdays and is anticipating the next week. Next week is going to be her birthday week, every year on her birthday week she is full human. 

No magic,

No wings, 

No magical aura, 

No wisps. 

This is the only week she leaves her town since she doesn't have to fear the Wisps following her. She will set off on Saturday, Sunday being the start of Jisoo's human week.