Chapter 38

We gathered in the living room, spaced out on the couch and chairs around the coffee table. By now it was around 1:30, most of my wounds from the Wisps fight earlier today were healing and I could walk just fine now. 

I sat on the couch next to Yoongi, his hand absentmindedly drawing circles on my hand. Finn sat down on the coffee table, wanting to be part of the conversation.

'Ok, so just to confirm; You are a snowins, a species of magical beings from another dimension. When you were 7 the 'Wisps' attacked your dimension? Your parents opened some sort of portal thing and sent you through to Korea. From what you assume, your home was overtaken by the Wisps, most likely killing off all the snowins. Since then you've been living in Korea and the Wisps would show up at night and like, hang out around your house, not doing anything. And every Wednesday, anytime from sunrise to noon you would go through that horrible sounding morph and take on your, full form? The white wings turn black and grow like two times bigger, and you get those blue eyes. And then after noon you turn back to the white wings and such. But on the week of your birthday is the only Wednesday that you don't go through the morph. That week your suppose to be completely magic free which is why you visit Seoul. But of course this past birthday week that didn't happen, which I still don't see how we didn't notice. Anyway, since then your magic's been like acting up and getting stronger? And finally this morning, you went out to an old barn to go through the Wednesday morph and ended up being attacked by the Wisps. Which you don't get cause they haven't done anything before. And so tonight they're probably gonna come back and we don't know what to do.' Rapmon concluded in a very teachery tone.

'Yup that's pretty much it.' I sighed, the concept so painfully complicated.

'And you and Yoongi are?...' J-Hope waved his finger between the two of us, looking back and forth.

'We're good, don't worry.' Yoongi said without hesitation. I blushed slightly at how openly and confidently he confirmed our relationship. I saw the members smiling that our dating wasn't one of the problems to worry about.

'Good! Then could I ask something?' V piped up.

'Sure.' I replied.

'Why are the Wisps even following you?' He said.

'Well the Wisps are sorta like dark forces in a way. They can't like see or talk or are even alive I think, but they're attracted to other magical forces. That's why they attacked our dimension in the first place, the magical aura and power of our world drew them in. And now I'm the only other source left, so they want to kill me, take my power.' I answered, getting nods of understanding from the others.

'Those selfish bastards.' V said making me laugh a little. 

'Wait, I have a question too.' Jimin raised his hand.

'Go ahead I'm sure you guys have a lot of questions.' I said.

'So like, if you came here at 7 years old, how did you know all of this about like Wisps and stuff. And how did you get this house, cause you can't have lived here since 7.' Jimin said.

'Well, in my dimension the Wisps were always a constant threat, their only motive was to become stronger, obtain more power. So we were always at war with them, but like a low key war. So I always knew about them. Of course the war got worse and eventually they full out attacked, so yeah I always knew about them. As for my childhood in Korea, uh i-it's pretty depressing. Um, I didn't know the language so when I was sent to this world and started roaming the streets of Seoul as a mute 7 year old they just chucked me in an orphanage.' I chuckled weakly, everyone's faces showed hints of pity. Yoongi squeezed my hand in reassurance. 'Y-yeah, well I picked up the language in the orphanage, went to school didn't ever use my magic. At the time the Wisps haven't come to torment me yet and the Wednesday morphs began when I started middle school so that sucked. Anyway, no one wanted to adopt me cause, I didn't talk much being in shock from the war and all. Plus in middle school when the morphs began I would cause quiet a ruckus in the bathroom. Everyone just thought I was...mental, locking myself in the bathroom every Wednesday, screaming my head off. So that bit would be mentioned during adoption interviews and then that would scare away the people considering adopting me. So when I turned 16 I left the orphanage, hoped on a train to nowhere, ended up in this town. Some of the adults pitied me, bent some rules and let me live in this house. About a year after I moved in, the Wisps began showing up.' I finished, the sad memories surfacing in my mind.