Chapter 5

Sunday: Day 1 of Birthday Week

I woke up the next morning on Bora's couch. She had wanted me to take her bed instead but I refused. Besides her couch was quite big, as well was her apartment. Bora came from a wealthy family so her apartment was very luxurious. I rubbed my eyes as I sat up on her couch. Checking my phone it said it was 9:00 am. I got up and looked around the spacious apartment. A note on the fridge caught my eye.

Good morning Jisoo! I had to leave for work early but I didn't wan't to wake you. You looked so cute while you slept! Anyway, there's bread in the cupboard and food in the fridge. Help yourself to whatever you want, when you're ready come to the Bighit building. BTS is waiting!

- Bora <3

I grinned at the note before opening the fridge. I scanned the shelves, deciding on toast and jam. While the bread was in the toaster I walked to the bathroom. Standing in front of the mirror I gasped. 

'It's Sunday!' I had forgotten again! Today is the first day of being completely human! To test if I was right I motioned my hand at a bottle of shampoo on the sink counter, willing it to float. Nothing happened. Squealing in delight I tested my wings. No wings. Running to the light switch and nearly slipping I turned off the light. Pitch black, no night vision. Turning the light back on I pulled a bobby pin out of my hair. Holding the pin at arm length, I strained my ears as the pin fell to the ground. Couldn't hear it, no super sensitive hearing! 

'This is so weird!' I squealed staring at my hands. The last time I was completely human was my last birthday week, last year...I'm still not used to it. 

It seemed like I were standing there for hours staring at my hands. Shaking my head to snap out of it I went to get some clothes from my unpacked suitcase. I didn't have time to take out my things since last night I stayed up telling Bora all about my meeting with BTS. Walking back to the bathroom I pulled on some black overalls, over an army green T-shirt. I pulled my hair up into a ponytail to wash my face.

After finishing my breakfast I packed my sketchbook into my backpack and pulled on some black converse. Locking Bora's apartment I walked to Bighit.

***************************

My back was sweating by the time I reached Bighit. The building's air-conditioning was a total relief after walking for so long. One of Bora's coworkers greeted me at the entrance,

'Hi, your Bora's friend Jisoo? She told me to give this to you so that she does't have to write a pass every time you come.' She handed me a laminated name tag connected to blue lanyard, the card had my name printed in bold and 'GUEST' printed under it. I bowed and thanked the woman. I put the card around my neck and texted Bora.

J: Hey I'm here, what floor do I go to?

B: Hi! I'm on the 2nd floor but go to the 4th floor

J: Uh...ok

I put my phone in my pocket remembering that the 4th floor was where BTS's dressing room was. Bora was setting me up for sure. Not that I mind of course, but it was a little unsettling how well she knew me. I took the elevator up to the 4th floor greeted by a long empty hallway. 

'Which room do I go to?' I wandered down the hall. BTS's dressing room was empty... I didn't want to randomly open doors in case some rooms were off boundaries. 

'Oh, JISOO YOUR HERE!' I turned around to see V running toward me. I flinched slightly went he stopped strikingly  close to me. I looked up at him, he was smiling widely, and his bangs were drenched with sweat, so was his face and shirt. I could feel my face burning up at the realization of how close I was to his chest.