Black and Green

Well guys, part 2 is here! Hope you enjoy Mr. Blackbourne and Dr (well Mr in this case) Green's time on "Luke Duty". ;)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Luke duty? Really Mr. Lee?" Owen Blackbourne sighs as he drums his fingers on his desk.

"Mr. Blackbourne, we've been doing this for years. If not, well last time someone wasn't on Luke-duty it didn't end pretty." Kota says with a wince, remembering the mess it had caused. The clothes had to be burned, and the house didn't smell that great. At least we didn't set the house on fire--that time.

"I am sure that a 10 year old is perfectly fine looking out for his own well-being for a few hours Mr. Lee."

Gabe snorts in the background, "Mr. B if we didn't need you to do this, we wouldn't be asking. We all have assignments today though, and the parents are working. We started picking up shifts of Luke duty when we caught onto it. It's been going on since we've known each other. Trust me when I say, this has got to happen."

Owen sighed, this is ridiculous. How hard can it be to babysit the boy anyway? "Mr. Green and I will be busy doing paperwork. Surely he can stay with his Uncle."

"We've tried that Mr. B. I'm serious; it's up to you two. You'll be fine; at least it isn't going to be a full day."

"Tip for the day: candy works. Just make sure he has everything he needs to get done in the right place, and his clothes are out."

"Mr. Taylor is perfectly capable of both of those tasks, and I do not see how laying out his outfit of the day pertains to anything."

Gabe snorts, "Trust me, just do those things. Whatever you do, don't let it be quiet." Owen furrows his brow. Might as well get this over with. Apparently, this matters to the boys. "Alright, I will pick him up when we leave to get you boys for your assignments."

"Roger that Mr. B!" With that, the boys hang up the phone, and Mr. Blackbourne turns to Sean. "What was that about Owen? Are the boys having problems?"

"No Sean, we just have to babysit Mr. Taylor today."

"Why are we babysitting Luke?"

"Apparently, it is needed." Sean sighs and flips his hair out of his face. The curls are getting a bit too long. "Well, whatever the boys need I suppose. I think between the two of us we can keep Luke in line. It can't be that hard to watch over someone his age. The boys are pretty self-sufficient." Owen nods, and a few hours later they have Luke in a car with Dr. Roberts driving them to Owen and Sean's apartment.

"So why do you guys have your own apartment? Aren't you like 13? Is it for Academy?"

"It is a dormitory technically, Mr. Taylor. I am sorry you have not seen the Academy dorms before, but it was never a necessity until now."

"Yeah, remind me again why we are hanging out today?"

"Well, we have some reports to do, and we hoped that you could do yours on your mission from this past week. Along with checking in on your studies."

"Already done, and I just need to hand it in. Homework is done too." Owen and Sean nod. Of course, they promised Kota and the others that they would not let Luke find out about 'Luke duty', so even if both of them knew that these things were finished, it was the easiest excuse to make.

"Good job Mr. Taylor. Then you may just relax around the dorm. I think we will be having a family meeting here after everything is done. It will be easiest to have you stay here anyway."