Chapter 24

I smiled when I walked into the alley and saw a brand new bike sitting next to another sports car of his.

“Like it?” John smiled at my grinning face. I ran over to it and ran a hand across the smooth surface. It was built for speed; that much was obvious from its smaller frame. The paint was a gorgeous grey that looked like mist and smoke. There was an occasional streak of bright white, making the mysterious air around it even more magical.

“John,” I breathed looking back at him. He was handing me a smallish box that was wrapped creatively. I grabbed it and opened it in seconds; it was the keys to the bike and the warehouse. “How?”

“I saw it.” he shrugged. “Looked like something Storm would need.” I tackled him in a hug and then ran to turn on my new baby. She purred to life and I was overfilled with… excitement. I swung a leg over and saw John start the tiny black car. I looked through the back windshield and saw him nod at me. I grinned and gassed it, following him to Gotham City Bank.

We pulled up and it wasn’t even three yet; a little early for a job in my opinion.

“John?” I asked as I stepped off and tapped my cane and the button, instantly feeling the extra pulses in my body. Our vehicles were in a back alley that was extremely hard to access; they should be safe there. “Are you sure this is the time you originally planned?” I asked a little skeptically.

“Plan? I didn’t really plan this one.” He shrugged at me and I grabbed his shoulder.

“What?” I was completely shocked. “You might as well turn yourself into the Bat right now then.”

“What? You don’t think I can improvise?” he challenged. I laughed a little and felt him instantly grab my shoulders. Scarecrow was fully in control.

“You can’t improvise on a bank. Look what happened at Wal-Mart; and that was planned.” I smirked at him. I couldn’t see his face, but I could tell he was frowning from the way his shoulders dropped. “Now, just listen why don’t you?” I smiled and went over a fairly simple plan. We’d enter from the above vents and drop in like Santa Clause. Only we’d be the ones getting the presents. I managed to get us in the vent system and find our way through the endless maze.

“Alright.” I smirked at him. “So you jump down first and scare the crud out of them, then I’ll come help you get everything out.”

“Making me do all the leg work.” He chuckled.

“It’s your job.”

“You’re the hired help.” He challenged.

“What? So I get a share of this?”

“Will you do the leg work?” he asked amused and was shocked by my response.

“Hell ya.” I grinned and removed the grate before looking back up at him. “Katrina friendly doses right?”

“Always.” He chuckled. I laughed and dropped from the ceiling with my cane in hand and my other weapons secured to my body. Everyone looked at me strangely but backed away nonetheless.

“Good evening!” I said in Storm’s voice. “Storm’s coming y’all! Might wanna think about some weather insurance.” I laughed as I swung my fully charged cane into the breaker panel on the back wall. The place went dark and the sprinklers all turned on. Everyone screamed as they headed towards the now locked doors. Gotham’s Police department had made it so that the buildings would lock down on themselves from every possible entrance incase something like this were to happen. Too bad I know just about every glitch there is in this town. I cackled at their confused faces and walked deeper into the room. “Everyone on the ground!” I yelled and made my way to the counters. The clerks were trying to hide under the desks, continuously clicking the panic buttons.