//11//

The next morning I woke up and stretched, finally feeling like I had slept enough. I let out a yawn, stepped out of bed and groggily walked over to my bathroom to shower. I brushed my teeth before blow drying my hair and tying it up. I walked out of the bathroom with a large towel wrapped around my body.

I got to my wardrobe and looked through it, searching for something nice to wear. Somehow Stiles had convinced me to meet him at Scott's house. I finally found a kind of cute outfit and skipped down the stairs, "Hi Dad." I smiled, pecking his cheek as he smiled down at me. "Hey Lu. Did you sleep well?" He asked me, putting his coffee down. I smiled and nodded at him. "Really really well. You?" I asked popping to slices of bread into the toaster and getting out some honey. "Oh yeah I slept pretty nicely as well." I nodded and got myself an orange juice.

I finished my breakfast, kissed my Dad's cheek and tied my shoes "Where are you going?" He asked, leaning against the door frame. "To Scott's is that okay?" I asked with furrowed eyebrows. "Sure. But...uh. I though you guys weren't dating anymore?" My father looked at me and I went bright red "We're not. It's because of Stiles. I'm doing him a favor. Family first right?" I smiled and he nodded "Family first. Do you need a ride?" I nodded, shamelessly. My father laughed and drove me to Scott's house. "Have fun and try not to get into trouble. Love you!" My Dad shouted and I chuckled "Love you too Dad." I shouted back and he drove off.

"Hey." I awkwardly walked into Scott's room and he smiled at me making my heart flutter and the butterflies in my stomach go wild. I told myself off for that but obviously my head was concentrating on how good Scott looked.

"Call it again." Scott told Stiles as he threw a few things around his room. "It's not here. Okay, so you lost your phone. Why don't you just get a new one?" Stiles asked as I sat on Scott's bed. "I can't afford a new one. And I can't do this alone. We have to find Derek." Scott stressed and my face fell. "Derek's gone?" I asked and Stiles nodded before turning to Scott. "Well, A, you're not alone. You have me. And B, didn't you say Derek walked into gunfire? He sounds pretty dead." My breath hitched as I thought of Derek dead. "Argent's plan was to use him to get to the Alpha - they're not gonna kill him." Scott sighed.

"All right, so then just let them do what they're planning, you know? They use Derek to get Peter" A small orange ball hit Stiles in the head and he sighed, throwing it away. "Problem solved." Stiles threw his arms up in the air and I decided to join in the conversation. "Not if Peter's going after Allison to find Derek." They both ignored me so I decided to occupy myself on my own. "You know, you probably lost it when you two were fighting. You remember that, when he was trying to kill you, after you interrupted him trying to kill Jackson? Are you starting to see a pattern of violent behavior here?" Stiles asked and I looked up again. "He wasn't going to kill anyone. And we're not letting him die." I jumped in. "Could you at least think about letting him die? For me?" Stiles whined, looking between me and Scott. Scott suddenly stopped throwing stuff around so I concentrated on my hearing. "What?" Stiles asked and I bit my lip to prevent myself from answering. "My Mom just got home from work." Scott whispered, obviously listening as well.

"Hi. It's me. Melissa McCall. I'm - giving you a call. That always sounds really weird because of my last name, McCall. So - yeah. Um - You know, I was just wondering if maybe you wanted to reschedule dinner or lunch. It doesn't have to be dinner. Lunch is good. Or maybe you would like to do coffee, or maybe you're a tea drinker. I don't know. You know, we could also just go out for drinks. Yeah, 'cause I think I need a few after this profoundly embarrassing phone call. So if this really doesn't freak you out too much after this disastrous call, feel free to, um, give me a call." Melissa hung up and sniffled. "Is she okay?" Stiles asked and Scott shook his head. "What's she doing?" I asked, pretending like I was clueless. "Crying." Scott answered with a sad face. He sat next to me and looked at his hands. "Scott, you can't protect everyone." Stiles tried comforting his best friend. "I have to." Scott answered and we all fell silent.