8

Silence engulf the entire trip.

The other one, nervous as to what would be the outcome of their talk, while the other one was feeling agitated and silently scolding herself for her stupid decision.

Maine was busy preparing herself that she didn't notice the car already stopped.

RJ opened her door and helped her get out. She scanned the area, as it is already dark. She looked at her watch. 6PM.

Her eyes widened upon seeing a familiar spot. She turn towards RJ. Shock and anger visible on her face.

"You got to be kidding me. Here? Of all places, dito pa talaga?!" She angrily said, shooting daggers at him.

He was startled by her sudden outburst but immediately recovered.

"Hey, easy. Ito kasi ang unang sumagi sa isip ko, and besides you said anywhere so you clearly gave me the decision making." He said while both hands were held up.

"Fine." was the only word she could utter.

They walked towards the playground. Every step they take brings back their childhood memories. Everywhere they look has a great memory in it. A smile slowly forming on their lips.

The place relaxes them especially Maine.

RJ guided Maine to sit on one of the swings, he sat beside her. 

She was just quite, staring anywhere but the man beside her.

He was contemplating on what to say first, thinking his first words would define the outcome he was hoping. 

It was quite for the whole five minutes, until RJ cleared his throat.

"ahem, ahh.... Maine..."

She faced him, but didn't say anything, urging him to continue speaking.

"ahhh, I know, you it's too much to ask, but I brought you here to fix this" his hands started to tremble.

"I brought you here to fix US. I know you hated me too much to even forgive me, but please, please give me another chance, or even one last chance to redeem myself, to bring back our friendship. Maine I am so sorry for everything, for leaving you behind. I am sorry for not being there when you needed me the most. I thought leaving you without saying goodbye was a good decision, akala ko okay lang. Akala ko makakaya mo kasi alam ko na sa ating dalawa ikaw ang matapang. Believe me when I say na sobrang bigat ng loob kong umalis nung araw na iyon, gusto ko, gustong gusto kong puntahan ka at yakapin ka, magpaalam, pero kilala ko ang sarili ko, sa ating dalawa, ako yung mahina."  

He is now kneeling in front of her, slowly holding her hands. She just stayed there, sitting. She let's him hold her hands. Tears started to cascade through her. She let it fall freely. He spoke again, His other hand wiped her tears and caressed her cheek.

"Maine, I am so sorry for all the hurt I've caused you. I am sorry for the anger you've nursed through all this years. Please, forgive me."

He started to cry as well. 

"RJ......" was all she could say. It was hurting her to see the man in front of her crying as well. She held his chin, urging him to look at her.

"Maine." he said. Different emotion is seen on his face.

"RJ, I don't know what to say. Nasaktan ako nung umalis ka ng di man lang nagpaalam. I felt left out. Ang daming sumagi sa isip ko noon to the point were I even questioned myself kung may nagawa ba akong mali. I dont know. All I know is ang sakit, ang sakit sakit."

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry." He said, looking down, feeling so defeated, hopeless, and disappointed at himself for letting Maine feel that way.

"hey, enough. I realized as you say those words to me, na nasaktan ka rin. But I guess It would take time para mawala lahat ng sakit, Nang galit sa puso ko, pero I am willing to try and give you a chance, you deserve it." His eyes lit up upon hearing those words from her.

"But this is your last chance, so please don't waste it, ayoko na ulit maranasan ang nangyari noon." 

" Thank you! Sobrang thank you for giving me this chance. I promise Menggay hinding hindi na mauulit yung nangyari noon, sisiguraduhin ko yun." He said while caressing her cheeks, wiping all those tears and smiling from ear to ear, mirroring the person in front of him.

Both gazed at each other, hope and happiness is what they are currently feeling. He gently tucked a strand of hair behind her ear, and gently pulled her in to hug her. She hugged him back. I hope I made the right decision, She silently thought.