Chapter 1

“DOWN BY THE BAYOU, DOWN BY THE BAYOU, HEY!”

Leigh-Anne and Perrie have been singing that song from the Disney animation ever since they found out they were going to New Orleans, Louisiana. The girls were excited when they found out they were going to the United States again, even if it was for a little while in the south.

Jade was staring out the open window as they drove down the road. The wind was blowing through her caramel brown hair, yet it was still styled perfectly. The sun was shining on her skinny jeans and her favorite green parka. Jade had a simple appearance for their trip to New Orleans, yet it was enough to drive Jesy insane.

Jade may had been convinced that Jesy’s feelings for her were over, but in reality, it was quite the opposite. After their little incident, Jesy felt as if her feelings for the Geordie have grown stronger than ever. It made sense, as Jesy had vowed to herself to make Jade fall in love with her.

Jesy was on her phone, tweeting random things and following and/or replying to some lucky Mixers. She was distracted, however, by Jade’s stunning appearance. If Jesy were being truthful, staring at Jade was a lot better than being on social media. Sure, Jesy wanted to tweet to the Mixers, as she and the other girls practically owe everything to them, but Jesy couldn’t help it. Jade had her running around like a love fool.

“I’m actually surprised Jade isn’t singing with us,” Leigh-Anne laughed. “She was the one who introduced us to the film, after all!”

Jade looked up from her seat, and she smiled. “DOWN BY THE BAYOU!” Jade shouted. Jesy had to contain herself from cooing, because Jade was just that adorable.

Perrie looked out the window when the sun had started to set. She titled her head, and saw the sunlight reflecting over the now-glimmering ocean, and she squealed. “We’re here!” Perrie exclaimed.

The girls got out of the van, and they started walking down the streets. They went in pairs—that’s what they’ve always done. Leigh-Anne went to Jade and they held hands as they walked down the street. Perrie came up to Jesy and held her hand while giving her a smile. Jesy gave the blonde a small smile in return. Jesy didn’t mind holding Perrie’s hand. Perrie was her best friend and she loved Perrie,—in the best friend sense—, but Jesy really wanted to hold Jade’s hand.

They walked down the street and were greeted by a few fans—it always surprised the girls how their American fan base was growing larger and larger every time they came—and they went to their hotel.

“What are we going to do today?” Leigh-Anne asked as they made it to their room.

“I’m going to bed,” Perrie yawned. “I’m so jetlagged…”

The moment Perrie hit her head on the pillow, she was fast asleep. Leigh-Anne sat beside her, saying that she’ll keep Perrie some comoany as she watches TV. Jade decided she’ll do the same.

“I’m probably going to walk around,” Jesy said to the other girls. “Gonna take a breath of fresh air, is all.”

“Have fun, Jess,” Perrie said tiredly. Jesy bid the other girls goodbye, and she walked out of the hotel room.

✘✘✘

Jesy walked onto the streets, only to be hit with the city lights and the music. It was a really pretty sight to Jesy, and she continued walking. She walked by cafés and restaurants, by bands playing on the streets,—and she didn’t hesitate to tip them—, she walked by the beach, she walked by multiple dancing crowds, and sometimes she joined in on the dancing. Jesy knew that she was falling in love with the city of New Orleans.

It was getting late and Jesy was on her way back to the hotel. She snuggled into her jacket, and she thought of Jade. Jade always brought her special green parka wherever they went. Jesy, Perrie, and Leigh-Anne jokingly made fun of her for it, but Jesy thought it was the most adorable thing ever.

Jesy walked by an alley, and she peeked inside of it. There were red lights coming from the other side. Her curiosity got the best of her, and Jesy walked down the alleyway. It was probably dangerous, walking down an alley in a city you don’t even know, but Jesy was brave, and she continued walking.

She had made it to the red lights, and Jesy realized they were coming through a building. Still curious, Jesy walked inside.

“Hello?” Jesy called. “Is anybody in there?”

Jesy slowly stepped across the floor, hoping to find the owner of the strange building. A woman suddenly appeared in front of Jesy, and she gasped.

“My apologies,” the woman said. “Seems I gave you quite the scare there.” She smiled, and she held out her hand for Jesy to shake. “My name is Terra.”

“I’m Jesy,” Jesy replied, shaking hands with Terra.

“Well, Jesy, what can I do for ya?” Terra asked. “Or, rather, what does your heart desire? Come sit down with me, sweetheart.”

Jesy followed Terra into another room, and Terra led Jesy to a round table. Jesy sat down, and Terra sat across from her.

“I’m guessing my friends from the other side found somethin’ special in ya,” Terra said with a smile. “Let’s see what they saw.”

Terra took Jesy’s hands, and red-and-purple vapors started to swirl around them. Jesy was worried as what was to come, but she didn’t mind. Soon enough, Terra let go of Jesy’s hands, and the vapors suddenly disappeared.

“You’re in love,” Terra whispered. “Oh, the most powerful kind of magic. That love you got for your special someone is affectin’ ya, sweetie. It’s really tearin’ your heart out.”

“It is,” Jesy muttered.

“Describe them,” Terra said. The vapors started to come back, and there were swirling around the round table.

“She has beautiful caramel hair,” Jesy said. Her image of Jade was clear in her head. “She’s so adorable. She likes to cuddle, she likes Disney movies… She’s so caring. She has these brown eyes that you can’t help but get lost in…”

“There,” Terra said. The vapors stopped, and there was a doll in front of Jesy. Soon after, Jesy felt a sting on her finger, and Terra took the pin out. Terra took the poppet—which, frankly, looked just like Jade—and pressed the pin inside of it. She took the pin out, and handed the doll to Jesy.

“Just use that, and your lover will be yours forever,” Terra said with a smile.

“Mine?” Jesy gasped. “Forever?”

“Mhm,” Terra nodded.

Jesy looked at the doll filled with the powerful voodoo, but she smiled. She thanked Terra, bid her goodbye, and she walked back to the hotel.

✘✘✘

“You’re home late,” Leigh-Anne said as Jesy walked through the door.

Jesy gave her a small smile. “Sorry,” Jesy said. “New Orleans is just so fun.”

“HI, JESY!” Perrie said. Jesy laughed, and she hugged the blonde. “Jetlag?” Jesy asked. Perrie nodded, and she continued skipping around the hotel room.

“I’m going to head to bed,” Jesy announced.

“All right,” Leigh-Anne said. “Jade’s already asleep.”

Jesy nodded curtly, heading towards the beds. She found Jade, sleeping soundly, and she walked past her as she went to her own bed. Jesy sat down, playing with the doll, and she smiled.

She could finally make Jade hers.