Chapter 4

Jade couldn’t go to sleep. She hadn’t gone to sleep for numerous nights. It was actually pretty bad, since they had concerts and performing was incredibly tiring. But Jade didn’t go to sleep, and it was only a matter of time before she lost all her energy.

Jade started at the ceiling of the tour bus, her focus moving around with the shaking of the bus. It was so bumpy; she was in awe of how her friends could sleep so soundly.

Jade sighed, got up from her bunk, and she decided to go take a shower. Oh, was she glad they got a high-maintenance bus.

She grabbed a towel, a change of clothes, and Jade stepped into the shower. The water was pouring down her back as Jade stared at the opposite side of the shower. “I feel so numb, staring at the shower wall,” Jade hummed. She giggled to herself for making the song reference. It was pretty funny to Jade, as These Four Walls was a sad song, and Jade didn’t feel sad at all.

A light crash was heard from outside of the shower, and Jade gasped, pressing her wet hand against her chest. Cautiously, Jade peeked her head out of the curtain, trying to see if anything was there. But there wasn’t anything to be seen. In fact, everything was perfect and exactly the way it was before the crash was heard. Jade went back to taking a shower, concluding that she had just been hearing things.

Soon later, Jade turned off the water, wrapped the towel around her body, dried herself off, and changed into her pajamas. It was strange, and Jade knew she shouldn’t be thinking this, but she felt as if someone was watching her. She shrugged the feeling off, and she walked back to her bunk.

As Jade was getting comfortable, she felt something burning in the back of her head. Someone was watching her, Jade was sure of that. She swiftly turned around, only to find absolutely nothing. Suddenly, Jade gasped, and she tried to brush the hand off her shoulder. Only, when Jade looked back, there was no hand on her shoulder. How could she had possibly felt someone touch her?

Jade crawled into her bunk and pulled the covers over her head. There was nothing but quiet (and Perrie’s snores), yet Jade was still unable to go to sleep. Someone was staring at her; Jade could feel them.

No matter how hard she tried, Jade couldn’t go to sleep.

✘✘✘

“Perrie, wake up!” Leigh-Anne scolded. “We have a meet-and-greet today!”

“I don’t wanna!” Perrie moaned.

“But you won’t be able to meet the fans!” Leigh-Anne suggested. Leigh-Anne was desperate to wake Perrie up. It used to be so easy before, as Leigh-Anne always had a trick up her sleeve, but she was running out of excuses to get Perrie out of bed.

Perrie opened her eyes soon enough. She wasn’t going to miss an opportunity to meet Mixers. But of course, Perrie had to get her side. “Can we get Starbucks first?” Perrie pleaded.

“Yes!” Leigh-Anne said. “Just get out of bed, already!”

Perrie rushed out of her bunk to get ready, and Leigh-Anne sat next to Jade, who was serving herself a cup of tea. “Lemon?” Leigh-Anne asked. Jade nodded, and Leigh-Anne served herself a cup.

“I was going to get Perrie some Starbucks later, but oh well,” Leigh-Anne said with a smile.

“You were?” Jade asked. “Darn. I was planning on using ya to buy me some!”

Leigh-Anne laughed, and Jade joined her. Only, Jade didn’t laugh as heartily as Leigh-Anne had. Jade still felt as if someone was watching her, and it made her feel extremely uneasy.

“Hey, where’s Jesy?” Jade asked. It had just occurred to Jade that the older girl was gone, and that she hadn’t been seen all morning. Jade was curious as to what Jesy could be doing. Was she still sleeping? No, Leigh would’ve woken her up by now. Was she showering? Unlikely, as Jade didn’t hear the water running. Maybe she was getting ready alongside Perrie. Jade decided that was the case; it was the most reasonable and most plausible, after all.

“I believe she’s getting ready with Pezz,” Leigh answered, practically reading Jade’s thoughts. “You know how long it takes her to get that massive amount of hair she has all styled up.”

Jesy does have very big hair, Jade agreed. It suits her quite nicely.

“I’m going to tell them they need to get ready,” Leigh-Anne said. She put her Styrofoam teacup in the trash can, and she trotted on over to the bathroom.

Jade didn’t feel so bad while Leigh-Anne was accompanying her. But now, the second Leigh-Anne left, Jade felt the burning sensation in the back of her head once again. It was bothering her, and Jade was just itching to make it stop. She felt the hands on her arms once again, and there wasn’t anything touching her.

Even when they were performing in Anaheim, Jade would look from side to side constantly. People thought it was part of the dance routine, but it actually wasn’t. Jade would look around to see who was staring. That’s how Jade spend the next few days.

Jade didn’t want to admit it, but she was suffering from paranoia.

Jade didn’t know it, but it was actually all Jesy’s doing.