Chapter 5

(AZMARIE'S POV)

Just as he promised, Andruis managed to see me like everyday for the past two weeks.

He was being nice and sweet, well as sweet as he could get. Bringing me presents and taking me places on the beautiful island.

We were both currently having lunch at the very same restaurant that Matt took me to three weeks ago.

I kind of knew the menu so I didn't take long in ordering.

"You seem familiar with this place. Did you and the girls come here?" Andruis asked, staring at me curiously.

"I might have came here a couple of weeks ago." I shrugged not wanting to tell him the truth.

"By yourself?" He continued to question.

"No. I'm ready to order." I said quickly, wanting to change the course of this conversation.

The waiter walked over and I gave him my order.

Andruis was staring at me intently, but gave his order.

The space between us was silent and tense with me trying to avoid Andruis' heater gaze.

"Azmarie, look at me." He ordered, leaning forward.

Slowly, I looked at the lips while biting my own.

"My eyes, Azmarie." He said more clipped and impatient.

I didn't want to, but if I didn't then he'd be more on my case, but then if I did look at him directly he'd somehow know.

Gathering up self control, I looked into his eyes, trying to not let anything slip.

"Who were you here with?" He asked slowly,

His gaze was hard and unrelenting, wanting to know who I was here with and doing what.

I glared at him harshly, crossing my arms.

"Why do you want to know so badly, huh? Last time I check only two weeks ago you actually started showing up. Whatever happened before the two weeks is something you don't need to concern yourself with. Now, if you'd excuse me, I'm going to the ladies room." I angrily snapped and got up.

Walking away quickly, I found refuge in the bathroom.

Taking multiple deep breaths, I tried calming myself down so I wouldn't murder his ass.

Finally, after washing my hands, I stepped out and walked back to the table where Andruis was waiting.

He had a deep scowl and his jaw was ticking.

I took a cautious step forward not sure what has him like this.

After moments of silence, his now black consumed eyes snapped to mine.

"Despite the fact that I'm not with you, Azmarie... I keep someone watching you because I love you and want you safe at all times." He said sharply,

"I know that you were here a couple of weeks ago with Matt." He said,

I was silent for a bit, pursing my lips nervously.

"So? What does have to with anything?" I shrugged, trying to play it cool.

His eyes flash with anger as he glared harder at me.

"You know I don't fucking want you near him! You snuck out the house, quite horribly, went to dinner with the bastard, and at the end of it all, you kissed him. Fucking kissed!" He angrily snapped,

I refused to look a him, twisting the ring on my finger.

Without a thought, I grabbed my purse and got up, leaving.

I heard Andruis' chair scrape and his heavy walking as he followed me out.

Walking faster, I walked down to the beach away from strangers who were being nosey.

"Azmarie." Andruis called out after me.

Ignoring him, I tried walking faster as I felt tears burned my eyes.

Suddenly, he tightly gripped my arm, yanking back. Colliding with his chest, I cursed colorful words at him and repeatedly hit him.

"What the hell do you want from me, you bloody bastard! I am tired of your shit! Yes, I came here with Matt, but only because you stood me up and I didn't want to be alone so I called him and he took me here where he was the perfect gentleman, treating me amazing and complimenting me, making me feel special. Something you haven't done in quite some time because these past two weeks don't count." I yelled at him,

He was silent, his grip on my arms was tight and he looked angrier than before.

"Why don't you understand that what I'm doing is just trying to protect you? I'm doing everything I can to keep you safe and happy! I'm sorry if I can't be here everyday and keep you from whining and complaining." He snapped,

I was taken aback and offended which was why I didn't feel guilty as I slapped him hard.

Glaring at him, I pulled my arm from his grip and backed away.

"You fucking bastard! I don't want you with me every-fucking-day! You can go fuck yourself using excuses to make up for your absence. Screw you, fucking incubus." I seethed and walked away.

He didn't follow me and I soon myself off the beach and walking on the side of the road still very much angry.

Pulling out my phone, I dialed Laila's number.

After a couple of rings, she still didn't pick up.

"Just great." I mumbled after calling another handful of numbering and got nothing.

Finding a bench, I took a seat to a break.

"We don't need him, darling. I was independent, strong woman before that fucker and I'll still be after him." I muttered, rubbing my stomach for comfort.

From that went down, my vision was spotting and my head was aching. Groaning I clutched my temple and tried to rub some relief into it.

It was long though when Laila finally pulled up.

"You ok?" She asked concerned,

I silently nodded my head, the event replaying my head.

But what did I honestly expect? For God's sake Andruis was a bloody Incubus King so it was obvious he wasn't going to the typical 'every step of the way' kind of guy. Reality crashed in and opened my eyes. I was pregnant by a Demon King and there was nothing that could change that.