Chapter 3

Matei was rocking slightly where he was sat on his bed, his girlfriend next to him. He tried to speak, but it was hard. Matei knew he could trust Jana, and he knew that she deserved to know, but it was like he had forgotten how to speak. He hadn't even told his foster mother before she left.

He wanted to tell someone so bad.

But it's hard to tell someone your problems when you don't exactly  know them yourself.

He hadn't realised that him and Jana had been sat in silence for the past 5 minutes, causing him to jump slightly when he took his eyes off the floor to see his girlfriend with an expectant look on her face.

'You've been thinking about it again, haven't you?' Jana's soft voice broke the silence. Despite the lack of clarity in the sentence, Matei knew exactly what she was talking about.

He nodded but also sighed. 'I can't help it. You know that, right?'
'I get it.'
Another silence; this one more awkward. This always happened whenever it was mentioned, the fire.
It made Matei wonder what was going through the other person's mind whenever it happened. This was why he had asked Jana not to mention it to anyone else, because to be honest, it was embarrassing. Matei felt weak. The fact that the tragic event still triggered him emotionally, and could make him feel like an uncontrollable wreck, just made him feel...helpless. And he hated feeling helpless.

'It's ok, you know. You went through the worst trauma any wolfblood could imagine. I'd be more concerned if you weren't still hurting'
Matei looked at his girlfriend in shock, wich she responded to with a kind smile. Had she read his mind? Who knew what wild wolfbloods could really do.

'Last night' Matei started to explain 'I couldn't sleep. I kept having these..."flashbacks" I guess you'd call them. I was veining up all night.'

Jana felt so bad for her boyfriend. She had witnessed the fire through ansion, but she couldn't imagine what it would be like to be in that situation. She moved even closer to him on the bed, placing her hand over his. He smiled silently, as if to thank her, before continuing.

'I had to do something. Move around, pace the house, anything other than sit here in silence. I wanted to get out of the house and run, and run and run until I couldn't anymore, but I also just wanted to stay here and sleep.'

The other wolfblood felt guilty. All through last night, her biggest concern was wether she and Katrina would have enough double chocolate cookies for the next week. And all this time, her boyfriend was having one of the worst nights of his life.

'Matei I'm so sorry' she apologised.

'Why? It's not your fault.'

'Yeah, well that doesn't mean I'm not going to try and fix this.' Jana shuffled about on the bed so that she could directly face the other wolfblood. 'Matei, you need to get out of the house. Like, now. What would you say to visiting our old den?'

She smiled widely at Matei, and it didn't take long for him to return it. Jana felt an inward sigh of relief. The Matei she loved was back.

'There's nothing I'd like more, Jana.'

The boy smirked slightly and rose up from the bed. Jana followed straight after, however she got distracted by the vibration of her phone in the back pocket of her jeans. She groaned. it was probably Katrina asking why she was late for her shift, again.

'Something wrong?' Matei noticed the concern on Jana's face, and reproached her to see the caller ID

[RHYDIAN]

They both audibly gasped. Matei watched the other wolfblood stare at the red and green option icons, until he was scared that she wouldn't actually answer it. He ended up pressing the button for her out of his own anxiousness, (and also putting it on speaker) and held his breath to hear a voice from the other end.

'Hello?'

Author's note

Hey everyone, it's almost Christmas!!! My school finished today so there's defo gonna be another update before Xmas!

Also, if any of you like Dan and Phil, me and my friend now have a joint Phan account, a link is in my profile :)

Please vote and please pleeeease comment (ok that sounded so desperate)

Love you xxx