Chapter Seven: Premonitions

"Why did you?"

"Why did I what?" I said, trying to find the source of the voice.

"You left me to die."

"I did what?"

"You left me to die." The voice seemed to be tangible, and the air grew heavier and heavier.

"I didn't leave anyone to die! Why would you say that?"

"You left me with that witch! Who is she to say that I am undeserving of life; of death; of afterlife!" The voice was very accusatory, and I began to feel as if I were being asphyxiated.

"You left me to die! You left me to die! You killed me!" The voice was very familiar, but I couldn't place it.

"I-I didn't!" I choked out. A flash of dark hair rushed past me and I turned to see the face and-

The door slammed open and I jolted out of my sleep. I was confused and disoriented. For a moment I couldn't remember who or where I was, but then Lucy's voice floated up to me.

"-and I guess she's getting her clothes and coming back over here?"

"Okay." I heard Izzy. I sat up carefully, rubbing my eyes. I uncovered myself and climbed down the bunk. Moxy was sitting in her bunk, back against the wall and knees to chest, earbuds in and eyes closed.

"Hey." I said. Lucy nodded back at me shyly.

"Look at what we got at the camp store!" Izzy pulled a sky blue MusicScape out of the bag she had. "Also cheetos." She said, handing me a family sized bag of them.

She sat down on the floor and began setting up her MusicScape. I sat down next to her, and Lucy sat on her other side. Moxy opened her eyes, realizing we were there, and pulled an earbud from her right ear.

"Am I missing something?"

"Not really." Izzy said. "Hey, could you open that bag of chips? I'm starving."

"We could probably go to the dining hall." Raven said from xyr bunk.

Moxy hit a button on her watch, and the green numbers appeared in front of her. "There's half an hour til eight, although we probably could head down there now."

"We should wait for Lacy to get here though." Lucy said.

I opened the bag of cheetos anyways and handed them to Izzy. "Yeah, I think we should wait for her, too."

"What's happening?" I asked.

"Oh, well Lacy is moving into this bunk, like she's bringing her stuff over and such. She says it'll help with the dysphoria and also that if she's going to be sleeping here anyways, she needs her stuff."

"Ah." We sat without conversation for awhile. Lucy had also gotten a MusicScape and Izzy was helping her set it up.

The door swung open. "Hey." Lacy announced herself. "The guys and Aiden are here as well. We're going down to the dining hall. You gonna join us?" She placed her stuff on the unoccupied dresser and stole a chip from Izzy.

"Yeah, I'll go. I dunno that I want to stay there though." I said, not really wanting to deal with the crowd and noise of the dining hall.

"Maybe they'll let us do what we did this morning." Moxy suggested, getting up from the bunk and tucking the MusicScape under the pillow. She stuck her Card in her pocket, and I got mine off my dresser and did the same. Lacy held the door open and I followed Moxy out of the cabin. Iggy and Aiden were standing with a guy I hadn't seen before who talked with his hands, gesturing wildly.