Chapter Twenty-Five: Those Who Have Been

We still ended up being early to the meeting and I quickly found Nurse Allison and got the Credits for attending the meeting, then sat next to Moxy in the middle of the room. Kids trickled in slowly, but by the time the meeting was set for, it looked like many kids had opted to not come. I knew they would be scolded and ushered in since the meetings with Those Who Be were not optional even though they tried to make it seem as such.

When Those Who Be appeared on stage, there was one extra, oddly-dressed person.

"Before we officially start the meeting, we would like to introduce the new Be Two! The old Be Two is going to join Those Who Have Been in a couple of days so we decided to introduce the new Be Two a little early and let Two Who Has Been sit in on his last meeting." The guy sitting on the end said, pausing after his announcement for a smattering of applause. "Now on to our meeting." Kids were still coming in, accompanied by their agitated Nurses. "We have a few announcements to get out of the way. Firstly, the piercer and tattoo artist are going to be arriving here in the next couple of days and you will be able to get piercings and wrist tattoos as of next week." A kid in the front of the room let out a whoop and got a disapproving glare from one of Those Who Be and Moxy looked at me excitedly. She had anxiously been awaiting the piercer as she got told off and had Credits taken away from piercing herself and therefore had to hold off on her many piercing wants. "We encourage you to talk to them before making any alterations to your body, especially when getting your tattoo, as that will be one of the first impressions those outside of the Camp will have of you.

"Secondly, the first Camp trip around Jurisdiction Twenty-Two is in a little over a month. The only requirement you must meet in order to attend is to have completed one culture class." Moxy again shot me an excited look.

"Thirdly, we received word that one of you was already caught with prohibited materials, so tomorrow morning you are all required to stay in the Dining Hall for the entirety of the allotted time for breakfast while the Nurses do a thorough check over all cabins-" I became suddenly cold and dizzy and the ringing in my ears prevented me from hearing anything else. They're gonna find the newspaper, they are going to find- My vision became blurred and I passed out.

When I came to, I was in a wheelchair, surrounded by my group and being pushed by Nurse Allison.

"What happened?" Nurse Allison was asking.

"I dunno, she, sorry, they just sort of collapsed in on themself." Moxy responded.

"What-?" My brain was still jumbled and my tongue felt thick and I couldn't get out the rest of my question.

"Oh! You're up! We were all so worried!" Moxy exclaimed, coming up to the front of the wheelchair to look at me. "We thought you were having, well, one of those fits for a moment." Moxy said quietly.

"Can you guys take Syany down to the Infirmary? I have to get back to the meeting with Those Who Be." Nurse Allison said, and when I turned to face her, she was looking down at the pager-like device she had used when setting up the cabins.

"Yeah, we can manage that." Izzy responded.

"Guys, you don't have to take me to the Infirmary. I'm okay." I said after Nurse Allison left. I still felt foggy and was slurring slightly but I didn't want to have to see Eir. "Can you just, can we go back to the cabin?" I asked.

"Uh, are you sure, Syany?" Roxanne asked.

"I don't wanna see Eir."

"Fair enough." Raven said. Moxy took the wheelchair and wheeled me back to our cabin with the group following. When we got there, I got up and immediately went to the dresser with the newspaper.