Chapter Fifteen: The Clothes Dilemma

I woke up, immediately feeling as if I had done something brilliant. Then I remembered that I had come up with a "half-way decent plan" in the words of Raven as to how to read the newspaper.

The door opened, and Moxy very discreetly-and by that I mean she hollered-"Syany, are you awake yet?"

"Uh, yeah, I just woke up. Why?"

"Good. I brought you breakfast."

"Breakfast?"

"Yeah, the rest of us woke up ages ago, so I figured I'd just grab you some food so you wouldn't have to go alone."

"You could've woken me up." I said, somewhat groggy. "Wait, what about the credits you're using on me?"

"What do you mean? Me and this one lunch dude have an agreement. Any food I get that's vegan doesn't cost because he's vegan too. I thought I told you? I think he said technically he's not allowed to do it but ya know." Moxy shrugged. "You could work the same deal." she said, placing a styrofoam box on my bed. I sat up slowly, pulling the box towards me and opening it to find pancakes and fresh fruit. "If you come down here, I also brought your daily morning dose of caffeination."

"Alright. Give me a moment." I stretched, noticing I was still in the same ripped shirt as before and noticing the balled up new shirt Nurse Allison had tossed on my bed. I had slept on top of it. I tossed it on the floor and clambered down from my bunk to join Moxy on the floor. Nobody else was in our cabin, which was strange as I was so used to it being a bit crowded.

"Where is everyone?"

"I think they're at the boys' cabin." Moxy replied. "Raven said xe'd be back here before activities start. They wanted to let you sleep." Something about the way she said that last sentence made me realize it was because of my tantrum last night and I felt bad.

"Oh." I said. Moxy handed me my coffee and we ate in companionable silence for awhile. After I finished, I grabbed the new shirt and went into the bathroom to brush my teeth and change. The shirt Nurse Allison brought was huge on me, so baggy that it ended right above my knees. When I came out of the bathroom, Moxy giggled a little.

"That's more of a dress than a shirt, I'd say. You wanna go to the Camp Store and see if we can get something more suitable?"

"Yeah, soon." I said. "We might wanna wait until the guys get back here to let them know where we went."

"I'm sure it'll be fine." Moxy responded, putting on her shoes.

"I'm gonna leave a note, just in case." I scribbled a quick note and left it on Raven's bed. Remembering to put my Card in my pocket, I held the door open for Moxy. As we walked to the Camp Store, I noticed that the Nurses were doing the same as they had last night, where there was one within eyesight no matter where I looked. It made me uneasy but I tried to ignore them. The worst were the ones that didn't have someone with them and didn't pretend that they were doing something else. The ones that blatantly watched us as we made our way to the Camp Store.

Once we got there, Moxy muttered something under her breath that I assumed was about the increase of Nurses around. When I asked her what she said, she just shook her head and pulled me back to where the clothes were. Carlene greeted us when she saw us, saying that she usually didn't recognize campers this early on. Moxy said something about it being due to her hair and we laughed but Moxy continued to guide me to the back.

"Gods the Nurses creep me out so much." she said once Carlene was out of earshot. I nodded my agreement. After giving me a weird look, Moxy turned and started rummaging through the clothes on the racks. The racks all had signs on them stating how much the clothes on it cost. "What kinda styles are you into?" she asked without turning back towards me.