Chapter 8

"Stop moving!"

"It bloody hurts. Ugh!" 

I scoffed, "What happened to your macho side? Suck it up princess." 

Damon hissed as I dabbed alcohol on the area surrounded by the stake, he didn't want me to take it out yet without any blood since it was so close to his heart but, by unfortunate luck, we'd run out of blood bags and Katherine was taking a very long time in getting more.

"Where is that bitch? I'm in pain here!"

"Stop whining you bitch, i'm here." Katherine stated, waltzing into the room two blood bags in her hands.

She chucked them over to us and I caught them, ripping the head off I handed it to Damon who immediately started gulping it down.

"Ready?" I asked reluctantly, I didn't exactly want to accidentally kill my brother.

"Just do it already."

Grabbing hold of the last stake that was lodged so close to his heart, I glanced up at Stefan, who sat staring, an anxious look covering his face, and then to Katherine who looked bored, before finally, with one last sigh, tugged the stake as hard and fast as I possibly could.

Damon automatically hissed gripping the blood bag even tighter than before which I thought was almost impossible but apparently not.

"There."

Stefan started muttering to himself, the tension of seeing his big brother almost die by his sisters hand quickly leaving and being replaced by anger at both Klaus and Vincent. 

Even though Stefan may act like Damon means nothing to him, the brotherhood and loyalties between them will never leave, not even over Elena.

"I'm going to kill that ass!" Damon growled, struggling up from his seat on the floor.

"What actually happened?" 

"I was walking through the woods angry over..." He trailed off glancing quickly at Stefan before picking up his pace acting as if nothing had ever happened, "Anyway, I was walking through the woods, drinking as usual when all of a sudden I get to this clearing and Klaus is there stake in hand and runs at me stabbing me in the back. Before I could react two wooden stakes had been stabbed into my front and I barely made it out of there before a fourth could be added to my beautiful body."

"Your so obnoxious." Katherine muttered.

Damon scoffed loudly, walking over to the alcohol cabinet, his blood bags quickly forgotten now that they were empty and not needed, he grabbed a facet of whiskey before gulping at least half the bottle down.

I stood, dusting off my legs, and turning towards Katherine who nodded before turning and walking towards the front door again.

"I'm going to go talk to him." I muttered before running off, not waiting for a reply from Stefan or a drunk Damon knowing they would only try and talk me out of it.

When I get out the door Katherine is stood leaning against her car, a bored expression that seems to be constantly on her face, showing yet another appearance. 

"Lets get going." 

We get into her car, leaving the boarding house behind in a cloud of dust, our determination to find Klaus taking front and centre in both our minds.

We don't have to drive far before we find him and Allison just leaving The Grill and walking to their fancy car.

I guess they didn't know what the word discreet meant.

Katherine swiftly parked the car and we both hoped out taking strong, purposeful strides towards Klaus and co's current position.

Obviously noticing our prescence, and perhaps the clink of our high heels, Klaus turned around a smile on his face at the sight of me in my black mini skirt, boots and baggy top that was tucked into the shirt, he obviously recognised it as his own from a few years back.

"Can we talk?" I ask politely before swiftly turning to Allison noticing she hadn't moved a muscle, "Alone."

If looks could kill i'd be eight feet under by now, Allison stood glaring at me for a moment before turning and leaving only walking to the door of The Grill where she stood still glaring at me.

Noticing the tension around us and the way we both stood stock still Klaus' smile faded before he stood with a frown on his face, "What's wrong? What happened?"

I scoffed rolling my eyes at his pathetic attempt to act innocent, "You know exactly what's wrong Klaus." 

"No, I really don't. Do you mind explaining?" He asked, a cute confused expression taking hold of his face.

"You attacked Damon. Staked him so close to the heart one jog would've killed him!" Katherine practically shouted.

I turned to her and pointed look on my face and she calmed a bit, turning her face away from Klaus as a fierce blush took hold of her face.

I'm guessing someone didn't realise how much Damon meant to her. Go figure.

I turned back to Klaus, my anger once again returning, "What she said."

"I didn't stake Damon. Why would I do that? Were meant to be working together to stop Vincent right? I wouldn't do that to you!" He explained, a truthful expression in his eyes but I didn't believe him, couldn't. This is exactly what he had warned me of the first time he talked to me when he returned to Mystic Falls.

"Layla, you have to believe me, I did not attack your brother. I had no reason to and were on the same side, I wouldn't jeopardise that and you know it!" He said taking a few steps towards me but I backed away shaking my head.

I thought Klaus had changed but he's still the same evil, decisive person he was the very first time I met him. People never change and I was starting to realise that now.

"You just made a very big mistake. Watch your back." I stated, casting one more meaningful look at him, before turning and walking away.

I could hear him shouting at me, begging me to listen to him, believe him but this, this was just too much.

He attacked my brother, my family and that is just unforgivable. 

I walked away, not bothering to look back, leaving him behind again.

~~~

I'm on a roll hehe :) Half terms amazing right? Enjoy :') Sorry for any mistakes if there are any!