Chapter 15

Ever since Klaus turned up in Mystic Falls my life had turned upside down.

I have wanted, just for one day, for my life to be like how it was before he turned up.

Of course I just couldn't be that lucky.

The day started off fairly normal; after waking up and doing my normal morning routine I ventured downstairs to see Damon, Stefan and Katherine sat in the living room each with a glass of what looked and smelt like Bourbon.

As I walked in all conversations stopped dead and three sets of eyes zoned in on me as I stalked towards them slowly.

A small smile appeared on my face as I watched all their expressions, going from shock to concern to worry etc. It was quite amusing for me.

I sat down next to a angry Damon who stared at me with curious yet guarded eyes. Gosh I haven't been that bad lately they could at least cut me some slack.

"And where were you all of yesterday?" Damon practically growled.

My eyes widened in realisation at the fact that I had in fact been that bad recently; i'd snuck out yesterday even though I was on strict orders to stay inside the house.

Oops.

I shrugged at him, an innocent look appearing on my face as I stared up at him. 

"I had some questions of Klaus so I went to ask him. Sorry bro." I apologised, my tone sickly sweet as I smiled at him.

Damon shock his head a snarl rippling through his chest making me back up into the arm of the couch.

I know he would never hurt me but still, I had majorly pissed him off and now wouldn't be a good time to try and test that.

I heard Stefan sigh from the other couch and turned to look at him as he shook his head at me disapprovingly. The same look was on Katherine's face as she stared at me.

They're so alike it's worrying sometimes.

A growl shot of Damon's throat as he sat there staring at me angrily.

"Even now I can still see that you just don't get it do you Layla? You almost died on us and were trying so hard to protect you but all you do is run off for your own selfish needs to be with him. Half the time I don't even know why we bother trying to keep you safe. You're a risk to yourself, us and the whole world but it seems like you don't give a sh*t. I'm fed up of it." He snarled standing up and walking towards the fire. 

His shoulders were tensed as he stared at the red and orange blaze of colours that were swirling angrily, practically fitting his mood completely.

Okay, so I guess I do understand where he's coming from. I sneak out a lot to go and be with Klaus but only because I need to get information and I can't get everything from Damon, Stefan or Katherine because even though they think they know everything, they don't. Sometimes I just need to speak with Klaus and I know that's wrong but it has to be done. I wish that Damon could see that; I'm not doing these things selfishly, i'm doing them to try and help.

I just don't understand what's wrong with that...

"Look, I'm sorry if I ever made you feel that way. I never leave purposely to annoy or angry or worry any of you. I go for answers and answers only but I understand what you're saying. I'm just really sorry." I explained looking each of them in the eye squarely to get my message across.

Damon hadn't turned around while I was talking but I could tell he was fine with me now since his shoulders had relaxed considerably.

Honestly, I partly apologised to shut them up. When they go all 'I'm your parent' on me it's just really annoying and giving in is like the only way to get out of their lectures.