Chapter 20

Klaus and I were sat in front of the small TV in the cabin watching one of the James Bond movies when I started to feel ill.

It started off as a small thumping sensation in the back of my head before it spread itself round to the front becoming the only thing I could focus on.

Klaus sensing my discomfort glanced down at me concern shining through in his eyes.

“Are you okay love?” He asked worriedly, searching my eyes for the answer.

I looked towards the TV quickly, faking a smile as I watched 007 kick some bad guy ass.

“I’m fine Klaus, stop worrying about me so much.” I muttered with a small chuckle on the end.

Klaus huffed a bit in annoyance but obliged my wishes and went back to watching the movie.

We sat in silence for a while before my head started to get worse and worse before I was cringing in my seat.

Shaking my head a bit to get rid of the pain I attempted to focus back on the TV but wetness above my top lip had me lifting my hand to see what it was.

As I shifted my position to swipe my top lip Klaus looked down at me with confusion on his face before his eyes widened in shock.

Lifting my hand to see what was on it I stared on in shock at the sight of blood. My blood.

“Layla...” Klaus whispered anxiously, moving his arm from around me and turning to face me fully, the movie completely forgotten.

I went to reply when an agonizing pain shot through my entire skull making me scream out in agony.

Klaus jumped back in shock before lunging to grab my arms as I started scratching at my head.

“God Layla, sh*t I’m taking you home. Right now!” Klaus started shouting grabbing my arms to haul me up but I shook my head.

My breath was coming out in pants as I looked up at him through blurry eyes.

“No, I’m fine. I’m not leaving yet.” I whispered before another scream broke from my lips.

“God damn it Layla, look at you, you’re a mess, and I’m taking you home!”

I ignored what he said and continued to try and focus on getting my head to stop thumping as much as it was.

“Layla dear show Klaus to his room would you?”

A smile appeared on my face as I stared up into Klaus’ hypnotic eyes.

“Of course father.”

“Layla! Jesus, talk to me!” I could hear Klaus cry from next to me.

Staring up at him I tried to open my mouth and reply to him but all that I managed to get out were chocked gasps as we made eye contact.

Flashes of people's faces and places were appearing before my eyes as I slowly started to lose consciousness.

I could pratically feel the terror and worry coming off Klaus in waves but there was nothing I could do and the pain in my head grew worse and worse until it was simply all I could feel. All I could understand.

"Oh God, I never should of brought you here!" Klaus mumbled to himself repeatedly as he tried to get his thoughts together about what he should do with me.

I couldn't think properly, couldn't feel, all I could do was stare up at him in hopelessness as I finally gave up the fight and gave into the darkness that was clawing at my mind.