Number XIII (Part 2)

Rinslet shoves a photo in your face. The earrings were huge squares, and you could tell they looked fake from the picture. Definitely not Rinslet's style.

"They may be not you're style, but you can tell they are fake. Why are you going to steal them?" You ask.

"A job is a job, and the person who requested them is paying a lot of money, and they appear not to know they're fake, and that's how I plan to keep it." Rinslet smiles.

"Well, they are heavily guarded, for who knows why, and there is a big open party tonight." She smiles and leans towards the little girl who has been quiet all this time. "And I'm sure Eve wants to go to a party. There's gonna be yummy food there."

Eve looks a bit undecided, and Train perks up at the word food.

"No." Sven says. Train clings to him like a child and whines, and Eve just squirms, wanting to go, but not opposing Sven.

"Com'n! Not everyone is an old fart like you Sven!" Rinslet says, grinning at the fact she already has the other two wrapped around her finger. She pulls out another piece of paper and shows Sven and you. It was a wanted poster for quite a price. "This guy is gonna be there!"

Sven grumbles. "Fine! We'll go. Only for the guy though. We're not going along with your scheme."

"How about you, (y/n). Wanna do good for the community?" Rinslet asks.

"No. Someone is already on it." You say.

She leans in and whispers, "They say he is part of the Apostles of the Stars."

You flinch. You shake your head. "No."

She continues to whisper in your ear. "Do you think a couple of Sweepers who don't know a thing about such things stand a chance?"

You look at the three people in front of you. You stare Train into his golden orbs. He stares back with question written on his face.

"Apostles if the Stars." Was all you say to them.

They flinch. "What about them?" Train asks.

"Rinslet lied. She said you guys had no clue about them. You forget, Rins, I was your partner for awhile. I learned my ways of your lies. You also forget that I gave up on being a theif." You say to her.

"Oh, c'mon! You used to be great! What's so fun about being a Sweeper anyways?" She whines.

"I'm not. If a criminal just happens to come to this town, I catch them. I'm not chasing them. You forget I live in this town." You respond.

"You still owe me a favor. You promised a favor." She says.

You remember that. She is now using it against you. She helped you fake your death (cliche, but oh well). She helped you get out of all this.

"Fine." You cringe as the words come out of your mouth. It tasted bitter.

"Yay! Who knows, maybe you'll remember how fun it was to be a theif." She hugs you.

"Never." You respond.

Time skip

You stand at the food table next to the group. Rinslet let you borrow one of her less skimpy dresses which was a tight (f/c) low v neck gown. Sven averted his eyes at the amount of cleavage showing, but Train appeared oblivious to it.

Rinslet scans the crowd. She grabs your arm and points to an expensive looking man. You one from your previous partnership what she wanted you to do. She wanted you to cozy it up with him.