The Peculiars' Tale

"We're Peculiars, but we're still humans."

Author: Demi (AnakniRizal)

Genre:  Science Fiction | Action | Young Adult

Status: Completed

Rating: 4/5

Blurb:
She can see the future.
A boy who can see the past.
And he can read minds.
They're Peculiar.
They exist.

This is their tale.

My Point of View:
Well, well, well sabi ni Sabel.
I'm back, Readers. 🎉😊

Peculiar's Tale, coming from the title itself, is a 92 parts story which is all about children who grew up with strange and hidden powers. Parang katulad sa Erityian Tribes, the only difference is ang Erityian may tribes, sila wala. And I think, mas malakas ang Erityians compared to them.

Let's go back.

The story itself is interesting and quite stunning since the Author used deep tagalog words, parang nagbabasa ka lang nang isang lumang libro. Astig!  However, hindi siya na-maintain and may mga wrong grammar din pero it doesn't affect the whole story. Every chapter will leave you with questions that will be answered on the following chapters. Masakit isipin lalo na sa isang reader ang magisip at mag antay of what will be the answer to all of your questions.

I love the flow of the story, how the Author did the sequence of every event, parang pinag-isipan talaga. It has a different point of view on which you will eventually see their different perception of what's happening in the story. Humor is there, thanks to its characters na sobrang dami but giving justice to the story.

The climax is thrilling yet the ending is cliff-hanging. I'm longing for more! After all, they've encountered and happened, sa ganoong paraan lang pala sila pwede makalaya pansamantala. I hate the thought of it. Disappointing.

HOWEVER, madami akong favorite scene sa story especially their Recollection days. Doon ko napatunayan kung gaano kalawak ang ideas ni Author. Morse Code! :)

All in all, the story is great but I'm expecting more from it. Yung ending lang talaga ang nagpasakit sa puso ko. Anyway, the story has a prequel under Mnemosyne's Tale.