Take Two: A Place in Time

"Life gets better and life moves on." - Shaylie Jimenez

Author: Jessica Concha (j_harry08)

Genre: Romance | Tragic

Status: Published under Summit Media; still available on Wattpad (check external link)

Rating: 4/5

Blurb (Goodreads): 

After losing Terrence, her first love, to an illness, Shay begins to believe that she can't fall in love again. She holds on to a sketch of Terrence's best friend, "Nathan" and looks for him just as she had promised Terrence.

Much to her surprise, she meets "Nathan" when she enters her new school, Trinity High. But "Nathan" introduces himself as Jiroh and denies knowing anyone named Terrence. Thus begins the story of Shay and Jiroh, a boy whose past is inexplicably tied to her own and whose present offers a possibility of new love. "I'm another 'what if, Shay," Jiroh says.

Will Shay let herself fall in love again or will she hold on to her past with Terrence? Can one really move on from one's first love? 

My Point of View (POV):    
*I based my review on the story originally posted on Wattpad* 

First of all, please don't read this if you're not yet done with the first book.

Spoiler alert! ☺

Personally speaking, I never thought na gagawan pa ng sequel nang author yung story kasi I don't see any reason para ituloy pa. I'm too curious about what will be the story this time especially one of the main characters died. How those people who became close to Terrence will move on from what happened especially Shaylie.

The story starts where it all ends and it focused on discovering Terrence's best friend way back childhood. Terrence's attitude of being too secretive is the main ingredient of the story. Plus the new characters which came in an instant that you will don't have an idea what will their purpose be. Honestly, they also helped me to move on from Terrence since I feel the loss of him.

Comparing to the first book, this is many ways better because this is where the feelings showered continuously. Full of twists and turns that keep you want to turn the pages as soon as possible.

Teka lang pwede?

Are the only words that came into my mouth? Minsan kasi, may scenes na sunod sunod yung pasabog and sobrang bigat sa damdamin. Sobrang daming breathtaking scenes and when I say breathtaking, I'm honestly speaking that I had a hard time breathing. It will teach you to love for the second time around, teach you not to hold on to all the things that you feel, and teach you not to do the same mistake twice.

I finally adore the way how the author delivers her own story. The way she shifts from one emotion to another, ang sakit lang sa dibdib. This is beyond my expectation since from the first book, I didn't regret reading this. 😍

Though bitin yung ending, masaya ako sa kinalabasan.

Time check: 4:07 am. Hahahaha!!

Especially recommended sa mga taong takot ng second chance to love someone again. 👍