A Kiss in the Rain

"Our love which started with A KISS IN THE RAIN will forever be in my mind and in my heart.. It's a memory that I will cherish forever..." -- Jack Jayden Perez

Author: J.C. Quin

Genre: Romance

Status: Published under PSICOM

Rating: 3/5

Blurb (Goodreads):

The rain was pouring when he saw her standing in the middle of the busy street, looking kinda lost.

People were passing by her, but she just stood there.

He walked towards her, took off his jacket and wrapped it around her shivering body.

"Miss are you lost? Do you need help?" he asked her.

She looked at him, and for the first time he saw her face.

She looked so beautiful, yet looked so fragile.

She moved towards him, cutting the distance between them.

Then suddenly, she kissed him on his lips.

He felt her hands run through his hair. She held him at the nape of his head, pulling him closer, deepening their kiss.

He doesn't know why, but he kissed her back, wanting more.

But then suddenly she pulled out of the kiss, looked at him and gave him her sweetest smile.

And at that very moment, he fell in love.

He doesn't know what to say, and before he could utter a word, she ran away.

"Wait!" he shouted while looking at the direction she was heading. But he didn't saw her.

He started to walk and he pushed himself through the crowd, but still, he couldn't see her.

He lost her.

His name is Jared and this is the story on how he fell in love with a stranger which started with
A KISS IN THE RAIN.

My Point of View (POV):
*I based my review on the story originally posted on Wattpad*

First of all, I read this not because I'm a KathNiel fan. JaDine fan ako Hahaha!! Pero seriously, I'm not into fan-made stories but I made a few research of it in Goodreads and saw some good reviews so I gave it a try.

It is all about a guy who saw a girl looking lost in the rain and left him with a kiss without knowing who she is. The guy named Jared, he keeps on searching for the girl who got his first kiss and stole his heart as well. Until he met the girl he's looking for and her named is Jade. He thought everything is okay but life is too playful in his girl searching.

The story is in a fast-paced scenario which caused me to be emotionless. No, what I mean by it is I can't feel the emotion dahil sobrang bilis nang mga nangyayari. The characteristics of each character are quite real because I never had a hard time understanding them. This story made me realize na every story has a different way of where and when they are going to put the climax. Akala ko kasi climax na yung binabasa ko kaso malayo pa pala ang ending.

All in all, it's not a waste of time though nahirapan lang ako hugutin yung emotions from the scenes. There are twists and turns kaso masyadong mabilis, pwede pa-absorb muna? ☺ Unsatisfied ako sa ending pero may kirot akong naramdaman. And yun lang yun. Hahaha!!