Salamisim

"Kahit pabago-bago ang lahat. Tulad ng pabago-bagong takbo ng istorya. Iisa pa din ang layunin ko, ang bumalik sayo" – Mary Faye Vasquez

AUTHOR: Binibing Mia

STATUS: Completed

GENRE: Historical Fiction | Mystery

RATING: 3.5/5

BLURB:

Ang Unang Serye.

"Isang araw, nagising na lang ako sa loob ng librong isinulat ko"

Faye, a writer, and published author discovered herself inside the world of the story she wrote. Her breakthrough novel is entitled "Salamisim". A tragic love story of the governor's daughter and the leader of the revolution during the Spanish colonization of the Philippines. There she met all the characters she named, experienced all the scenes she imagined, and heard all the lines she created. Faye loves tragic stories, she's never fond of happy endings until she met Sebastian, a high-ranking soldier who used to love the female protagonist. How will the writer deal with her own novel when she started to have feelings for the antagonist?

MY POINT OF VIEW:

Paano ko ba sisimulan ang review na ito?
Bahala na nga..

This story is all about Mary Faye Vasquez who was the author of a story entitled Salimisim each time she saw a mysterious lighted lamp, she woke up inside her own story. It is a story full of mystery and kilig scenes but in the end, it gave us a tragic ending.

General Sebastian Guerrero was the villain in her story but each time they are together, things are getting better. On the other hand, Lorenzo Cortes and Maria Florencita Garza were the main leads. But what hurts the most with Faye was when she started to know the opinions of the characters she made especially Sebastian who was able to see how he will die thru his dreams. Faye and Sebastian had a special relationship and I cannot erase the fact that their exchange of words is all heart-touching. Nakakakilig, sa totoo lang! haha!

In the middle of the story, you will have an idea of how she manages to go in and out of her own story but there were a lot of questions na kahit ako nalilito at hindi ko makitaan ng hint kung bakit nangyayari iyon. And ung idea na isa kang author and napunta ka sa sarili mong istorya tapos ikaw din ang nagiging dahilan bakit gumugulo ang takbo ng istorya. You suddenly became the main lead of your own story. Haha! There were a lot of funny scenes despite the genre it has.

It was a roller coaster story! I hard time predicting what will happen next and I think, that's the part where I enjoyed the story. The plot twist was mindblowing!

It's in the last 2 chapters of the story when the spark between Faye and Sebastian slowly faded because the backstory was revealed.
Ahh. Kaya pala Salamisim ang title.
It was the story of Marcus and Angelita, the part where it all started.

I was not satisfied with how it ended. My reaction was just a nod and an "okay" but there is an emptiness in me.
Tragic endings are not new to me but this one, it's not that painful why? Because it is a work of fiction. From the start of the story, you will understand that the main leads live in different settings and one of them is a fictional character in a story.

At the end of the story, there is this guy who wears a coat who is revealed as the person who why Salamisim happened. And this is what keeps me thinking what is his role in the story.

This has a second book entitled HIRAYA and is still ongoing, I plan to read it once completed.

See you in my next update! :) -- helena ♥